Job Title: Head of M-Pesa Business- Dar es salaam
Job ID: VDEBU33
To Drive M-Pesa strategy within the Enterprise Business unit: To analyze, prioritize and deliver against Mpesa business growth opportunities within a strategic framework and target set. To provide administrative and second line support to M-pesa Key accounts customers; educate them on the Mpesa product
- Key accountabilities and decision ownershipIdentify M-PESA growth prospects and specific opportunities within Public and MNC customers to grow payment solutions (M-PESA) in the account and the EBU; increase penetration through acquisition. Drive Sales
- Device strategic plans for M-PESA penetration within the account and ensure implementation of tactical plans execution including pipelines.
- Provide leadership for customers in understanding business objectives and recommend M-PESA business solutions to achieve those goals
- Effectively manage the existing and newly acquired partners in terms of quality of service provided, uptake of any new products and services and provision of advisory services.
- Support special projects & functionality pilots through on ground activities, input to training materials, preparation of SIMS/phones & training of Business
- Partners & customers, carrying out UAT’s tests and support deployments
- Act as the link between M-PESA and other teams namely M-Commerce, Sales n Distribution, EBU Direct n Indirect Sales, Finance, and M-PESA IT.
- To coordinate the Training and Key Accounts support functions within M-PESA operations section in addition to other roles. Provide support in new locations through on-ground training on web & phone and help & advice to new operations team members
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless support
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Supervision of Key Accounts team to ensure resolution of escalated issues and assisting staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems within set SLA
- Coordinate New Partners allocations, Training and certificate requests within required SLA’s
- Apply specific experience to assist the Product development team to design M-PESA solutions for enterprise customers;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Developed sales strategies, tactics and techniques based on the feedback of the customer and market environment.
- Ability to manage effectively a cross-functional team.
- Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership ability, entrepreneurial attitude and a good team player.
- Advanced computer program skills like Microsoft Word, Excel and so on.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and close deadline
- Operational Management – experience with management of large teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focussed – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & customer
- Process-and Control Oriented – solid understanding of key cross-functional processes touching m-Commerce; able to play an efficient role; able to spot optimization and risk management opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- More than 5 years’ experience in Sales and/or Customer management for major corporate clients, commercially savvy with detailed understanding of the technologies the company is selling and issues that typically arise
- Degree on Business Administration, Finance or Equivalent.
- Industry certifications would be an added advantage (ITIL Foundation, MCP/MCSE, CCNA etc.)
- Master’s Degree will be added Advantage
Posted: 18th April, 2019