Job Title: Consulting & Strategy
Jobs at: Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS)
Deadline of this Job: 26th April 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa , 00000 , TZ
Date Posted: 19th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: TZS , Value: 1562000 , Minimum: 1093750 , Maximum: 4687500 , Period:MONTH
Background The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is a five-year (2015-2020) Cooperative Agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The strategic goal is to improve health outcomes and support the achievement of U.S. government commitments to Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Death, an AIDS-Free Generation, and FP2020 at the global, regional, and country levels. As part of a larger portfolio of activities in Tanzania, SHOPS Plus is working with the Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) to identify and document promising practices for improved financial sustainability among facilities in its network. .
Scope of Work
SHOPS Plus is seeking a short-term local country national consultant to support the collection, coordination, and analysis of financial data from the high performing facilities selected for the activity. Specific responsibilities include:
• Screening all short-listed facilities, using a checklist created by SHOPS Plus, to select facilities for inclusion in the analysis.
• Coordinating with stakeholders from each of the selected facilities to ensure that financial data is shared in a timely manner and format that is conducive to rapid analysis
• Contributing to financial data analysis.
• Providing targeted technical assistance to facility stakeholders to promote use of financial data for decision making around sustainability measures. Potential areas of assistance may include ensuring that financial analysis is well understood and replicable by finance teams within each facility, supporting finance teams to identify strategies and/or methods for routinely analyzing data and sharing findings with facility management, and developing key performance indicators to measure progress.
• Contributing content to a final report of findings.
• Contributing to one or more consultation events to validate and refine findings and discuss opportunities to replicate and scale best practices across CSSC’s network.
• Participating in regular check-in meetings with SHOPS Plus and/or CSSC as appropriate.
• Completed screening tool for short-listed facilities
• Complete financial data from selected facilities in format provided by SHOPS Plus
• Brief weekly progress reports
• Contribute to a report documenting financial analysis and promising practices as assigned
• Contributions to validation workshop(s) materials as assigned
• Minimum of five years of experience in financial accounting and audit, with a strong preference for experience with not-for-profit health institutions
• Proven experience evaluating financial management systems
• Experience implementing financial management systems, including budget formulation, budget execution, monitoring, and audit
• Experience providing short-term technical assistance
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other software applications for data analysis and presentation
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and coordination skills
Estimated level of efforts: Up to 40 days with possibility of travel to facilities selected for analysis
Estimated period of performance: May 1 – September 30, 2019
Job application procedure
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Anna_Wadsworth@abtassoc.com by April 26, 2019.