Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Due to Work Permit restrictions we can only accept Tanzanian passport holders for this vacancy. Please only apply if you are Tanzanian.
- Direct reservations activities of the lodge to achieve budgeted goals; understanding and applying the principles of occupancy and rate to achieve maximum yield. Revenue management functions as would be required at the Lodge based around existing business trends, business segmentation & technology on property etc
- The ability to assume responsibility for the execution of the Reservation Department’s policies and procedures and manage the daily operation. To maintain maximum occupancy within the lodge, avoiding overbooked situations and maintaining the correct guest mix.
- To allocate duties and delegate work within the department continuously monitoring the progress and ensuring that all work is kept up to date.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so prompt and corrective action can be taken as appropriate.
- To deal with any complaints in the area of his or her responsibility, to investigate all pertinent details, to report findings to management and to take the necessary steps to avoid a re-occurrence.
- To check each day’s arrival list one week in advance to ensure all reservations are secure and reconfirm where necessary.
- To check them again two days in advance to ensure, reconfirm where necessary and ensure all are properly filed.
- The ability to control all villa reservations in conjunction with the Front Office Manager and ensure special handling of top corporate clients, VIPs, and return guests.
- To control the free sale of all reservations to the Lodge’s best advantage regarding the amount of reservations that are commissionable.
- To work closely with the Sales and Marketing Department to coordinate and control the number of group bookings, handle group bookings, maintain files, trace cut off dates, follow up on special instructions, and assist with and oversee groups.
- To identify and be aware of all major events throughout the coming year which may affect any new projects or changes within the lodge and communicate them to WRO, Sales Representatives and Reservations staff.
- To attend all departmental meetings, to chair the Reservations Meeting on a monthly basis and to hold additional briefings as required. The ability to prepare and distribute occupancy and revenue forecasts and keep all department heads well informed of any unexpected changes in levels of business.
- To work closely with the Front Office Manager in connection with future availability, budgets and weekly forecasts. Develop demand trend tables and charts by market segment to support forecast projections. Initiate performance measurements and regular revenue related analysis.
- Maintain forecast reliability by constantly measuring accuracy. Develop reports based on customer stay records data to identify current and emerging buying trends; e.g.
- Lead Time Analysis, Price Point Production, Room Type Upgrades and Up-sells, etc. Provide Monthly Marketing Diagnostic Reports. The ability to handle and maintain accurate records on and monitor pick-up, cancellations, no-shows, and sources of reservations.
- The ability to create and maintain individual rate codes for each negotiated account as established by the Sales Department.
- The ability to establish and maintain the rate code conversion tables between PMS and WRO system. In coordination with the DOSM introduce Yielding tactics to manage demand patterns, including developing periodic Transient and Group Selling Strategies. Update the property management system with room and rate restrictions to optimize yield. Manage Delphi Yield System with transient protected rooms and updated Minimum Available Rates. The ability to lead/manage the forecast & management meetings held with the Sales and Marketing Department. Maintain all lodge distribution channels are in compliance with rate parity and rate integrity disciplines. Attend Sales Department Meetings and Retreats. To assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- To lead the Lodge’s CIS programs. Develop and monitor Up-selling schemes for both the reservations and front office departments.
- Support front desk up-sell program and identify areas of opportunity to optimize up-sell revenue. Assist Director of Marketing in the creation of the annual marketing plan and budget.
- To develop systems and work procedures for new policies and recommend any improvements to the Director of Sales, Front Office Manager and Lodge Manager.
- The ability to ensure all reservations staff and WRO staff are familiar with all guest rooms, selling techniques, lodge facilities, services, hours of operation, key personnel, special activities, functions in the lodge and to ensure proper follow-up on all special guest requests. To install a sales orientated attitude into the Reservationists, including a complete knowledge of all suites and lodge facilities as well as the local area and closest competitors. The ability to conduct standards testing including call observation.
- The ability to conduct regular WRO test calls and provide timely feedback. The ability to establish relationships with other Reservations Managers in the region as well as in Four Seasons.
- To prepare for and participate in the bi-weekly BOO meeting, and update the forecast accordingly.
- Liaise with Planning Committee members to ensure lodge commitment to achieving highest Yield Leadership Development.
- To interview and select staff, liaising with the Director of People and Culture Resources and to present likely candidates to the DOSM, Lodge Manager and General Manager. The ability to conduct follow-up training sessions and provide timely feedback to reservations staff. The ability to develop and mentor the reservations staff for future advancement.
- To comply with all Core and Culture standards personally and within the department. To ensure all members of staff are trained to the standards set by Four Seasons in the Standards Training Manual and to keep records of training liaising with the Director of People and Culture Resources or Learning Manager.
- To act upon any deviation from the set standard of performance and job description by any member of staff, providing appraisals and further training and taking disciplinary action if necessary, in liaison with the Director of People and Culture Resources.
- To complete the staff rotas, arranging holidays and completing the weekly time sheets ensuring maximum coverage according to the needs of the business.
- To be responsible for all departmental equipment and stationary, coordinating the maintenance of this as required, to ensure adequate departmental supplies and a strict cost control. To ensure that all staff are well groomed, neatly dressed and in the appropriate uniform, taking corrective action when necessary.
- To ensure adherence by all staff within the department to all health, safety, and emergency procedures and processes. The ability to work quickly in a high-pressure environment and ability to handle stress.
- The ability to display a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times in dealing with guests and employees.
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales
Education: Bachelors Degree from University
Experience: At least two years Reservations supervisory experience. Previous department head experience in hotel/resort/lodge operations preferred. Prior experience with a PMS system, Opera preferred. Yield and revenue management experience.
Skills and Abilities: Fluent in English, and ability to operate computer. Well versed in Excel, Word.
No. of employees supervised: Up to 10
Travel required: Occasional
Hours required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.