DAI GLOBAL LLC
Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth | Iringa, Tanzania
About DAI and the Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth ! Project
DAI, a global consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC, USA seeks a communication expert for the USAID funded. Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth project which aims to use positive youth development approaches to empower rural Tanzanian youth. The Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth Activity is a five-year initiative (August 2017-August 2022) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) DAI is the prime implementer and is supported by contractors SNV, responsible for the Livelihoods component. Pathfinder International, tasked with Healthy Life Skills component, and KhangaRue Media, focused on media content development.
Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth was created to harness and link youth to agribusiness opportunities in the Southern Agriculture Growth Corridor investments. The project covers Iringa and Mbeya regions in the mainland, and both Unguja and Pemba in Zanzibar. The project’s goal is to increase economic opportunities for rural young people between the ages of 15 and 35. The activity is dedicated to building youth entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce-readiness skills and empower youth to become leaders in their communities by connecting them to opportunities promoting employment, wellbeing and leadership. The activity will achieve this by:
Increasing entrepreneurship and workforce readiness skills among i youth. (IR1)
Strengthening leadership and positive youth development. (IR 2)
Enhancing life skills for healthy living and future planning. (IR 3)
Job Title : Grant officer
Reporting to : Grant Manager
Location : Mbeya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and/or revise Request for Application, Annual Program Statements, Request for Proposal. Concept notes, Grants &Contracts manuals, support documents, templates, and systems to ensure compliance with project needs and donor requirements
- Provide management oversight and technical assistance to the project and proposal budget development and oversight of grants, contracts. Work closely with project technical staff to facilitate the process.Provide oversight and technical assistance in the proper management of grants, subcontracts, and sub-agreements throughout the project.
- Work with the Grants Manager, Project senior management and technical staff to select grantees for award. This will include establishing selection criteria for sub-grantees and conducting preaward assessments to determine the responsibility of prospective grantees and providing feedback to all the applicants
- Make determinations of risk profiles of prospective grantees and recommend appropriate approaches to mitigate the risks identified, including the development of special award conditions.
- Ensure sub-grantee meets selection criteria & Budget analysis and negotiations
- Complete submission of award documents for approval by Chief of Party/USAID or DAI/W contracts administrator.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management. Technical assistance on the following topics will be provided in conjunction with the Grants Manager
- Policies and procedures for procurement under sub-grants & Interpretation of donor regulations
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly reporting process where each grantee submits requests for reimbursements, and reports financial status, monitoring and evaluation data and a narrative report on progress.
- Assess and manage risk for sub-awards to partner and sub recipient organizations.
- Conduct site visits to selected grantee organizations to directly observe project implementation, provide project management support, train on USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure regular audits are conducted on local partner and follow up on resolution of findings with partner’s staff.
- Organize and maintain all project documents and files related to grant process and individual grantee activities.
- Maintain and update specific project and related correspondence files, tracking and status sheets, and databases.
- Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/ disputes arising from grants and make recommendations to Grants Manager for resolution.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree in Finance. Accounting. Business Administration or related field.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with USAID donor funded project.
- Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Working knowledge of grants accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Experience working with databases.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated
DAI is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, and cover letter explaining how the exper ence detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the pos tion.
The applicant should also provide valid and reachable references. The CV. cover letter, and list of references should be sent to AYA_HR@dai.com on or before 3rd May 2019.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLY TO: AYA_HR@dai.com on or before 3rd May 2019