Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.
CLERKS OF WORKS (CIVIL ENGINEER) (1 POST)
The following are qualifications for aspired candidates:-
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Should have the ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, codes and other material pertinent to construction and rehabilitation works.
- Working knowledge of building components and systems.
- Should be ERB Registered Services Engineer/Consultant Engineer who in the last ten years been involved in new construction projects of which five years are in rehabilitation or renovation project works in capacity such as clerk of the works or project manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handing over site to Contractor including drafting site handing over meeting minutes for submission to all contract parties;
- Evaluate Contractor’s payment and performance guarantees and submit the report to client;
- Conduct Regular site Inspection and Issue Instructions to Contractor in relation to regulatory bodies compliances without deviating to the original contract between contractor and employer/client
- Provide reports on all on-site matters including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns and causes for delay. Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Evaluate all materials quality tests reports and samples and submit reports to client/employer;
- Assess installed equipment’s and services systems functionality and report to client/employer;
- Value actual executed works, certify payments and advise client for payment purpose,
- Preparation of Drawings and Bill of Quantities for the proposed works.
- Monitor working plan submitted by contractor as per contractual time frame;
Attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance for Manager Revenue Management and Network Planning and ICT Officers and Six (6) months Specific Task Contract for a Clerk of Works which might be extended depending on the completion of the Projects.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers
- The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 7 days for a position of a Clerk of Works and 14 days for the rest of positions from the first date (24/4/2019) of this announcement:-
MANAGING DIRECTOR& CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM.
Tanzania careers: For career opportunities please send your CV to email@example.com