Position: Help Desk Assistant – Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In mid-April 2016, NRC conducted a pre-assessment mission in the refugee camps in north western Tanzania and the assessment revealed that the humanitarian situation for the refugees requires urgent intervention and NRC therefore decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo town, to respond in Mtendeli and/or Nduta refugee camps. The initial interventions will focus in three sectors; shelter, WASH and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the “VACANCIES” link.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Camp Management project
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Process and respond to queries in fixed locations
- Contribute to Help Desk Information Dissemination
- Provide regular reports to the Help Desk officer on type of queries
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of Help Desk Services at the camp level
- Ensure that activities target beneficiaries most in need of protection and assistance, explore and asses new and better ways to assist. Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Contribute and identify opportunities for capacity building
- Ensure high quality and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings when required by the Help Desk Officer
- 2 years relevant experience from a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of French or Kirundi is a strong advantage
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, Microsoft Office is an advantage
- Experience in capacity building and training of target groups
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
• College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environment
Duty Station: Nyarugusu
Working Hours: As per NRC working Hours Nyarugusu
Benefits: As NRC salary Scale
Deadline for application: 27th April, 2019