Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder International’s mission is to ensure that people everywhere have the right and opportunity to live a healthy reproductive life. In Tanzania, Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care – through a series of integrated projects. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning and HIV/AIDS, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Works in a small stockroom. Maintains receipts, records, and withdrawals. Checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low. Receives and unpacks materials and supplies. Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Inventory Receivables: Receives and stores supplies and equipment.
2. Inventory Tracking: Checks inventory records for accuracy and verifies that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices. Keeps track of information in order to keep on schedule.
3. Supplies and Equipment Distribution: Issues supplies and equipment and compiles records of supply transaction.
4. Reports: Compiles reports on various aspects of changes in inventory
5. Records Retention; Keeps records of items shipped, received, or transferred to another location
6. Sorting: Finds sorts, or moves goods between different parts of the business.
7. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Inventory Management Principles and Practices: Foundational knowledge of inventory management principle and practices.
- Inventory Control: Foundational knowledge of maintaining appropriate inventory controls.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of inventory control software programs.
- Reporting: Foundational knowledge of report writing
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program.
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills,
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Foundational influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Travel required (10% or less)
Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
Diploma or degree in store management.
1 year of related experience
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on May 17,2019.
Applications should be addressed to the
Director for Human Resources and Administration,
PO Box 77991,
Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to
Tanzaniafirstname.lastname@example.org stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted