Head of Finance
Purpose of the Head of Finance position is to ensure smooth and efficient management of finance and accounts by leading Finance & Accounts Department in BRAC Tanzania. The jobholder establishes adequate financial controls at all level, advises Country Representative on various investments and fiscal matter and ensure preparation and timely submission of different financial reports adhering local and international accounting standards. The position is directly reportable to the Country Representative and have a dotted line reporting to the Finance Director in BRAC International Head Office and works closely with department heads at country level, Anchors and Finance and Accounts team in BRAC International Head Office. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following
•Oversee accounts and finance management for all operations in BRAC Country Operation including consolidation, Ensure full cost recovery budgets are prepared.
•Lead the Finance & Accounts team and work closely with other departments specially IT (Information Technology) and Audit
•Apply analytical procedure and ratio analysis; perform tax, audit and MIS related functions. Manage country treasury in an effective and efficient manner, analyse country scenario and manage investments.
•Advise and suggest Country Representative on accounting concept and treatment; responsible for producing budget variance for every program for all programs.
•Maintain liaison with donors and work with external/ internal auditors to ensure clean reporting.
•Transmission of monthly accounts to BRAC International, Head Office; dealing with payroll related issue, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Donor reporting.
•Coordinate with Manager-IT BRAC International. Improve the quality of Country Finance personal and work on the capacity of development of field accountants.
•Work closely with BRAC International Head Office on Finance & Accounting related issues.
• Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills
• Ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, digest and analyze complex information and present coherent work plan or implementation plan
• Entrepreneurial and proactive
• Possess professional attitude and diligence and able to work independently as well as work in a team
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
• Strong analytical and information gathering skills
• Strong communication and representational skills
• Knowledge on IAS/IFRS, Accounting, Budgeting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT, Fiscal laws and their application
• In depth knowledge of International standard on Auditing.
• Should be sincere, polite, dynamic, hardworking and willing to work under pressure
• Should have good communication and presentation skill in English
• Sound knowledge on Computer Literacy.
Masters / MBA in Accounting/Finance from any recognized university with minimum second class/division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records. Professional degree in CPA/CA/ACCA.
• At least 8 years of managerial experience in Finance & Accounts in national or international organization.
• At least 4 years’ experience in a leadership position demonstrating strong and effective result.
• Experience in financial sector is an added advantage.
• Professional knowledge in diverse development approaches
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Dar es Salam
For other benefits plea
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning your educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com . Please mention the name of the position, country applied for and AD# 13/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: May 15, 2019
Women and nationals of African countries are encouraged to apply
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us.