Job Title: Head; Procurement
Ensure NMB gets value for money through efficient and timely procurement of goods and services from outsourced suppliers.
Lead the procurement operations and implementation of bank-wide procurement strategic objectives in line with overall bank business strategy.
- Accountable for the bank’s procurement process and procedure, risk and people objectives deliverables to all stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy.
- Establish sound procurement governance
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical inputs to negotiations on strategically significant contracts and management of third party service providers
- Assist user departments in selecting the most appropriate vendor
- Develop and manage the procurement department including budget preparation as well as manage departmental budgets.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Promote the effective management of suppliers
- As a member to the Management Tender Committee, play a role of escalation point of all bank procurement issues for guidance.
- Address all bank procurement related audit queries (internal and external auditors) as well as the Bank of Tanzania
- Review and give assurance to the CEO and Business Head; Shared Services to sign/approve all contracts related to the bank’s engagements with other business stakeholders.
- Manage all strategic outsourcing arrangements for the Bank as per Bank of Tanzania outsourcing policy and guideline.
- Manage the due diligence process to all business stakeholders as well as risk assessment
- Lead in the establishment and maintenance of relationships with the executive team (budget holders) and ensure that procurement is aligned with their business objectives
- Leadership and people management
- Business understanding of legislation covering procurement issues
- Knowledge in financials including budgeting and cost control tools and techniques
- Understanding of governance, enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
- Conversant with modern sourcing and contract management
- Knowledge in logistics and supply chain management as a whole.
- Robust negotiation skills with ability to influence.
- Change Management skills and with ability to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Ability to think analytically and strategically with problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- A Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Must be a holder of CSP (T)/CPSP (T) and registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- At least 10 years of working experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, with 6 years in a managerial role from a recognized financial institution or a busy firm.
- A proven track record in handling complex and strategic procurement.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Experience in handling complex negotiations on both technical and non-technical procurement for an organization.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.