Vacancy title: Jumbo Operator
Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Energy & Mining
Jobs at: Shanta Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job: 14th May 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: 8th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION : New Lulka Gold Mine, Southwest Tanzania
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Shift Boss
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to operate Jumbo drilling rigs for mine development and install ground support according to quality specifications safely and efficiently. Jumbo Operator is accountable for minimization of secondary breakage and over break and correct installation of ground support systems in accordance to the geotechnical plan..
ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
A Jumbo operator has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Accountable for the operation of a single and! or double boom jumbo drilling rig for underground development mining with installation of ground support: drilling holes into the walls and roofs of the underground mine shafts. These holes are used to bolt down and stabilise the, mine by meshing the walls and roof.
- Ensures execution of end to end drilling activities using a single/ double boom jumbo drilling rig in the underground mines.
- Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specifications
- Inspects, cleans and washes working face and general working area, checks and cleans bootlegs. Guards and blasts missed holes. Inspects scales, rockbolts, screens and straps to achieve control of ground.
- Checks condition of travelway, work area, and equipment and corrects any unsafe conditions
- Checks and lubricates LHD vehicle, bolting machine, jumbo drill and other machinery common to mining, and services with fuel, oils. coolants. etc.
- Shoots grade and center line from pre-determined lines and determines location, spacing, number, inclination and depth of blast and bolt holes.
- Operates L.H.D. vehicle to muck out rounds and to load broken material into trucks or rock passes or remucks at designated locations.
- Sets up and operates various types of rock drills to blast holes, test holes, rock bolt holes and line plug holes, etc.
- Installs and dismantles air and water lines, ventilation duct work and other service lines.
- Makes repairs such as tightening side rods on rock drills, splicing hoses, tightening loose bolts, etc. Change ring shanks on jumbo and hydraulic hoses.
- Procures blasting agents and accessories, loads, primes. times. connects rounds. checks and extends blasting lines, blows air, guards and blasts or sets up for centrally controlled blasting operations.
- Secondary School Certificate / Vocational Training/ Apprenticeship in a related field/ college program in heavy equipment operation
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge on jumbo rigs
- Must have a valid blasting certificate
- 5 years’ experience in underground mining with Jumbo Drill machine.
- Experience with Twin Boom Jumbos with split feed will be highly regarded
- Currently employed in an underground operation as a Jumbo Operator.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Emergency Response Team experience and qualifications will be highly regarded
Job application procedure
Application submission deadline is two weeks from the date of this advertisement, Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (Indicating the position title in the subject) to:
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408, Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: Recruitment@shantagoldltd.com
Please forward applications before 14th May, 2019.