Vacancy title: Long Hole Driller
Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Energy & Mining ]
Jobs at: Shanta Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job: 14th May 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: 8th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LEVEL OF WORK: I
ROLE TYPE: Individual Contributor
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION : New Lulka Gold Mine, Southwest Tanzania
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Underground Shift Supervisor
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to provide support within underground operations in drilling underground mine long holes to meet production targets. .
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
- Accurately drilling a series of Long holes to a design pattern using a mechanized drill.
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patterns and meters.
- Set up and troubleshoot on Long hole Drill rigs, specifically on the Sandvik rigs.
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures
- Certificate of Secondary Education
- Currently or previously employed in an underground operation as a Long Hole Driller.
- Current and valid driver’s license is required
- Previous experience working as a Long hole Driller
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Longhole
Job application procedure
Application submission deadline is two weeks from the date of this advertisement, Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (Indicating the position title in the subject) to:
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408, Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: Recruitment@shantagoldltd.com
Please forward applications before 14th May, 2019.