Human Resource Officer
Background: The Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI), incorporated in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212), became legally constituted and operational in September 2001 with the major objective of rejuvenating the Tanzania coffee industry to sustainable prosperity, placing new emphasis on stakeholder-led, demand-driven RESEARCH FOR DEVELOPMENT.
TaCRI is now seeking to employ dynamic, committed, responsible and self motivated person to fill the following vacant position for an initial period of three years renewable based on productivity/performance and continued need.
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (1 POST)
Location : TaCRI, Lyamungu, Kilimanjaro Region Reports to : Chief Executive Director
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage, coordinate and implement Human Resources policies, systems, procedures and activities
- To provide the Management with professional guidance and advice on Human Resources issues
- To coordinate the implementation of Performance Management System
- To lead, organize and coordinate staff training, learning and development programs
- To oversee proper attendance to staff welfare issues
- To ensure that laid down rules, regulations and ethics; regularly updated and staff comply with them
- To ensure timely and effective provision of administrative services to the Institute such as transportation, meetings preparation, provision of insurance cover for qualifying properties of the Institute, security services, registry services and procurement of goods and services
- To coordinate monitoring of financial expenditure in respect of administrative activities as per approved budget, procedures and policies
- Management and maintenance of HR legal and Labour law compliance
- Responsible for company’s personnel accident, health, and other personnel related insurances
- HR database management
- Manage bonus and appraisal system and other employee benefits for all staff
- Maintenance of the Staff Handbook ensuring all company policies are maintained
- Create and manage general business administrative policies and administrative instructions as required by employees for them to understand their entitlements and company rules/ procedures including absences, IT Policy, training opportunities etc
- Monitor local labour and other legislation to ensure Sub stations offices are adhering to labour laws for long and short term contract staff
- To ensure opening, closing and locking of offices are timely done.
- To participate in preparation and facilitation of internal and external meetings/conferences.
- To liaise with Trade Unions and Conciliation Boards on matters relating to labour disputes.
- Strong English and Swahili language skills, both in written and spoken;
- Hands-on know-how of human resources management software
- Ability to support and direct the implementation of ideas, projects and plans once adopted by theorganization;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while working as part of a team;
- Excellent analytical and IT skills;
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated personality;
- Ability to lead and work in a team;
- Ability in good office management and administration skills.
- Team orientation
Shows commitment to the teamwork and finds the best solutions by working positively and cooperatively with others, good leadership, high standards of performance, a sense of urgency, and mutual respect and integrity.
Qualification and Experience:
Must be holder of Bachelor degree in Human Resources. Possession of Masters Degree or membership in HR professional organizations will be an added advantage.
Should have relevant work experience of at least 3 years at similar capacity
Remuneration: TaCRI is an equal opportunity employer and offers attractive and competitive remuneration.
Mode of application:
» An application letter in your own handwriting or typed
» Fully typed Curriculum vitae
» Certified copies of relevant certificates
» Full postal address including telephone contact details and e-mail address if any » Three contactable references
Deadline of application:
All applications must reach the Chief Executive Director through the address below (and not by email) within three weeks from first appearance of this advert in newspapers.
Chief Executive Director,
Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI),
P.O. Box 3004,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.