Vacancy title: Senior Technical Advisor [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Social Services & Nonprofit ]
Jobs at: RTI International
Deadline of this Job: 31st May 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: 13th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI has patterned with USAID on a 5-year cooperative agreement project, Ukoa Maisha Dhibiti Malaria Activity (OMDM) in Tanzania. The purpose of this project is to support the Government of Tanzania to reduce the burden of malaria and to move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. Under a cooperative agreement, USAID funds malaria surveillance, entomological monitoring, drug efficacy monitoring and monitoring of other vector control interventions.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the OMDM project. In this regard we are currently seeking applications for the Senior Technical Advisor position. SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR – Dar es Salaam based (1 Position)Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
The Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical assistance to the project, particularly focused on Results 2 and 3 around entomological and drug efficacy monitoring..
- Serves as a member of OMDM’s Senior Leadership team, providing vision and strategic technical leadership for the project.
- Leads implementation of activities under Results 2 and 3 – entomological and drug efficacy surveillance, managing relationships With key collaborators and beneficiaries, including the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP), National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), CDC and USAID.
- Supports capacity strengthening of government counterparts in entomological and drug efficacy monitoring and surveillance.
- Provides input to the development and implementation of annual work and performance milestone plans.
- Supports technical management of sub agreements with collaborating partners under Results 2 and 3.
- Supports implementation of OMDM’S MEL plan to ensure project indicators are being met.
- Represents the project on behalf of RTI in regional or key global meetings, consultative sessions and conferences.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or a related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience managing and leading entomological surveillance activities for health projects in Tanzania.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification.
- Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on project implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of Tanzania national issues impacting malaria, including demonstrated success collaborating with NMCP, ZAMEP, and local government institutions.
- Demonstrated track record in disseminating programmatic and research outcomes and findings at national and international conferences, as well as in the published peer-reviewed literature,
- Knowledge of U.S. government health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters.
- Strong knowledge of USAID reporting procedures.
- Fluency in Swahili; exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Tanzania.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 7 years
Job application procedure
To apply, please email your CV/Resume and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2019.
Please indicate name of the position that you are applying for in the Subject Line of your Application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Please note: “No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com