Data Management Fellow
FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH ICAP IN TANZANIA
ICAP at Columbia University is a Non-Governmental Organization affiliated with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health (MSPH) registered in Tanzania as MSPH Tanzania LLC since February 2005 (SO No. 12987). ICAP currently operates in nine regions across Tanzania and employs over 230 people to deliver public health interventions in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the National AIDS Control Program (NACP).
Since October 2016, ICAP has been receiving PEPFAR funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a 5-years’ project delivering HIV interventions as the community implementing partner. Known in country as the FIKIA Project and currently in Year 3 of implementation, the project provides community-based HIV prevention interventions including HIV testing to key and vulnerable populations (KVP). The goal of FIKIA is to accelerate, expand, and improve the quality of comprehensive community-based HIV prevention services to KVP in order to achieve epidemic control.
ICAP is now seeking for a competent and dynamic individual to fill the position described below:
Position title: Data Management Fellow
Duration: June to September, 2019
Overall Job Function
To analyze and interpret programmatic data and use information obtained to timely identify strategies that are working/not working well. S/he will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends analytically and support the use of data for decision-making. S/he will develop and share analytical reports with program team to support in refocusing activities for program improvement and to achieve the targeted results.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Collecting and interpreting data on weekly basis for results based outcomes.
- Develop data analysis presentations and progress tracking at regional and district level.
- Analyze results of the submitted data on monthly basis to inform long term actions.
- Reporting the results back to the relevant individuals to implement the identified gaps in timely manner.
- Visualize the data in a manner that it easily relays the information to the field teams
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets for all indicators ICAP is currently reporting.
- Working alongside teams within the management team to establish specific key focuses on program improvements or new strategies of improving programmatic performance.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes if necessary for the quick improvement of the program performances.
- Make necessary recommendations about the methods and ways in which data should be analyzed to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Attend data quarterly data analysis meeting with regional teams.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Desired qualifications and requirements:
- Master Degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience with funded projects/HIV programs/NGOs will be an added advantage.
- Experience in data models and reporting packages.
- Ability to analyze large datasets with various analytical software.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV by 27^ May, 2019 via email to:
email@example.com, mentioning in the subject line the Position Title.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. ICAP is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.