About the Company
Letshego Tanzania Limited (LTL) T/a Faidika commenced operations in Tanzania in 2006 and has been a subsidiary of Letshego Holdings Limited (LHL), an International Financial Services Centre-accredited holding company, since inception. Faidika predominantly offers unsecured consumer loans, using the deduction at source model, to its customers. Through these convenient and appropriate loans, the company has managed to grow its customer base to more than 45,000 Tanzanians and is one of eleven LHL subsidiaries that offer financial services across Southern, East and West Africa with lending and deposit-taking subsidiaries.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEGAL OFFICER
Reports to: Company Secretary and Head of Legal Purpose of the Role:
The Legal Officer is responsible for various legal activities including defending Faidika interests in various Courts/ Tribunals, supervising all Faidika Court cases of the company and report to Head of Legal. Providing Legal advice and awareness. Reviewing documents, contracts and any other work as assigned.
- To ensure the completeness and legality of the documents especially the contracts and other elements in relation with security and collaterals.
- To represent the company in Court or Tribunals in various cases against Faidika.
- To manage the relationship with the External Lawyers on cases handled in coordination with them, especially to develop a comprehensive report for lawyers, should the Company have to go to Court.
- Give legal opinion on several contracts and agreements.
- To ensure compliance with regulations of all the contracts including the client’s agreement.
- Control and compliance activity
- To review all legal documentation in the Company (Faidika).
- Issue 60 days demand letter and follow up on them. Organization activities
- To manage the relationship with Recovery Unit and branches in legal matters.
- To organize and control the activities of the unit (including proper management of documentation)
- To make sure the recovery procedures are applied by the Recovery unit staff as well as the branch staff.
- To provide to Head of Legal report on legal proceedings. Training activities
- To prepare and review training materials in the area of legal activities.
- To perform training sessions in all legal matters.
- To meet personal as well as the Unit’s objectives (quantitative and qualitative) determined by operations department
- Capability to negotiate effectively with clients, guarantors, valuators and auctioneers
- To have the Recovery unit respect the law and avoid Letshego Tanzania Limited t/a Faidika being taken to court.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to abide by policies and procedures and have them respected by supervisees
- Ability to promote and ensure a clear, transparent and accurate information on each client
- Aptitude to work under pressure
- Capacity to communicate efficiently, both orally and in writing
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in law/LLB.
- Post- graduate diploma in Legal Practice
- An Advocate licensed to practice Law in Tanzania.
- A previous professional experience in a microfinance institution is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft office, excel and power point environment
- Working experience of not less than 5yrs in banking, financial institutions or related industries.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application explaining why they are the best fit for the position by 3rd June, 2019 through email address:TZ.Human.Resources@letshego.com
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not an in-depth list of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.