Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
In Dar es salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es salaam, MDH-DSM Sub grantee on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ two Pharmacists as follows:
Job Title: Pharmacists (2 Posts)
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Perform the task as pharmacist for the HIV/AIDS clinic under the supervision of Facility In-charge.
Qualification and work experience:
The Pharmacist should be a holder of Diploma/Advance Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution; he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the storage and dispensing area is clean, safe and conforms to laws governing pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.
- Project consumption estimates for each drug item on monthly basis.
- Make order of drugs from main store of your respective district store according to anticipated Monthly requirements by filling authorized tools i.e. ordering and requisition voucher.
- Receives deliveries and counterchecks and sign off all drug deliveries.
- Keep records of all receipts and issues. Maintain bin card for each item and keep a running balance
- Store, distribute and control the stock and ensures uninterrupted supply of drugs at all times by ensuring Max-Min stock level of 2/1 Month at all times.
- Redistribute the nearly expiring drugs to sites that can consume them before the expiring dates.
- Controls and separate immediately the damaged and expired drugs from the shelves/cupboard and keeps all set aside for destruction.
- Monitor prescriptions from dully authorized prescribers for appropriateness and discrepancies.
- Dispense/refill all prescriptions.
- Provide medication adherence counselling to patients.
- Maintain records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper based and or software.
- Prepare and submit Monthly drugs consumption report which includes stock level and number of patients on ARVs per regimen to district Supply Chain Officer before 5 th of the next month.
- Provide drugs information to patients including other member of the clinical staff
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps patient information and records secure
- Do any other duties as may be assigned by the site manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by hand or through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to the Human Resource Officer – DSM Sub grantee by 04th June 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted