The Senior Technical Officer, Community Engagement, Outreach and Gender will provide leadership at regional level on engaging communities in situational analysis, designing program strategies, implementation and monitoring of program results in the particular region. The position will also focus on addressing gender issues related to uptake of health services, especially, respectful care, gender-based violence, male norms and involvement, and addressing user barriers. To effectively engage communities, the position will also provide leadership at the regional level in providing technical and managerial expertise for local CSOs to support community based interventions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent in public health, community development, sociology or other relevant field
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels including for local sub grantees;
- Current knowledge in the field of HIV/AIDS and maternal newborn and child health including antenatal care, family planning, PMTCT, and emergency maternal and newborn care.
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training, sub grantees management and supervision, performance and quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, and facilitation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing community health programs
- Prior training experience for literate and non-literate audiences; experience in participatory methods
- Prior experience in supervision of community health workers, development of BCC materials, and data collection
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects, MoHCDGEC, and Local Governments
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org
Electronics applications are encouraged. The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12 June 2019, at 5:00 P.M.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
Kindly note: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you wil get an official cal from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong-doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com