- To lead and manage the Information Technology, Operations, Call Centre, Projects Unit and Administration functions
- To ensure compliance with group standards of best practice such that a stable technology and operating platform is available at all times
- To ensure that the highest standards of service delivery are maintained and that changing customer and business needs and requirements are recognised and adapted to on a timely basis
- To ensure that the development, design, operation and improvement of the businesses systems are aligned to the organisation’s strategy, are in conformance with all regulatory requirements and are provided at an effective cost.
- To understand the technology and operations risk that the business faces and ensure that effective controls and procedures are in place throughout the business to mitigate risk.
- Understand the country business strategy as well as local conditions and the environment and translate these into project priorities aligned with the target operating model and appropriate work streams
- Understand the specific regulations and constraints that impact the business and where necessary, define the requirements to align operating model to meet the requirements
- Balance the function’s need for autonomy and flexibility with the drive for efficiency and standardisation
- Demonstrate the successful execution of the technology and operations strategy
- Take responsibility for the alignment of the different business units’ strategies to ensure a single face to the market
- Improve the efficiency of the operational and technology platforms by driving standardisation within and across departments and reduction in operational risk
- Leverage central standardised technology and services as well as resources to drive best practices across people, processes and technology work streams
- Conduct an ongoing assessment of the efficiency of the operational business processes and reengineer these processes in alignment with the Group’s standard operating model
- Set operational and technology (Key Performance Indicators) for each process which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term strategic goals of the business
- Minimise the operational risk in the business units and across the platform through ensuring appropriate controls are in place and followed
- Report on all operational and technology incidents / breakdowns and participate in the necessary Operational Risk Assessment Forums
- Ensure adequacy, robustness and stability of the operations and technology platform at all times so that it is available and accessible to all internal and external parties
- Comprehensively understand the IT spend, and the business benefits thereof
- Collaborate with the CIO at LHL to formulate an integrated IT strategy and budget as well as to ensure business needs are addressed on a timely basis
- Provide recommendations and sign-off on all Operations & IT CAPEX
- Ensure that the country’s core systems remains integrated and in line with the functional and technical architecture whilst adhering to regulatory requirements in country
- Ensure the adherence to the project and technology governance processes
- Ensure that SLAs are in-place and actively managed for all central services utilised
- Act as a project champion by providing direction and guidance on the roll-out of new products and system functionality and through developing strong partnerships with the In Country stakeholders, including the Management team, ensure that they are kept up to date with relevant developments in operations and technology
- Ensure staff are well equipped and have the necessary training and skills.
- Drive an innovation focus in the business, constantly seeking to improve and reinvent as well as find new revenue streams or cost efficiencies.
Thinking Requirements and Working Complexity:
- Ability to analyse and monitor the various risks that face the business.
- Ability to devise solutions relevant to a particular situation, bearing in mind the various inherent constraints that surround all of matters such as funding, capital adequacy, country limit, taxation and economic/geographical infrastructure.
- Where problems or new risks are identified, job holder needs to be able to bring knowledge and experience to this, both first hand, and also of a “where else to look and seek advice” nature.
- Ability to identify issues and come up with unique and practical solutions.
- Ability to devise revised strategies to avoid repeat mistakes.
- Ability to develop good working relations with all executive management (and other levels) for a smooth running of the business but at the same time must demonstrate the authority and courage to challenge the status quo when necessary.
- Interact with COO’s and CEO’s within the group to learn and optimise the business in country
• Attention to detail and ability to execute deliverables in agreed time frames
Job holder should seek to develop strong relationships with those performing a similar role at peer group businesses/banks and to join any appropriate industry forums that will enhance job performance and understanding. Arising from the above, job holder will need to be willing and be able to speak on the topic of Operations at conferences and the like which will enhance both personal and the Group reputation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application explaining why they are best fit for the position by 3rd June 2019 through email address TZ.Human.firstname.lastname@example.org