EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – SICKLE CELL PROGRAMME
Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle Cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
PROGRAMME MANAGER (1 POST) – DAR ES SALAAM
Sickle Cell programme is looking for a qualified Individual to fill the post of Programme Manager for a period of TWO years. The Programme Manager will report to Principal Investigator.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage planning and coordination of a programme and practices
2. Ensure (and develop where necessary) appropriate programme or project management standards, frameworks and tools are in place
3. Ensure implementation of organizational policies and practices
4. Maintain programme budgets and track expenditures
5. Build positive relations within the team and external parties including key stakeholders
6. Manage communications through media relations, social media etc
7. Manage programme meetings, schedules and events.
8. Integrate use of technology in all operations for effective operations
9. Preparation and oversight of documentations for programmes and projects including reporting documentation and ensure all contractual and agreement deadlines are met and targets are achieved.
10. Ensure that project records are updated and managed to a high standard.
11. Ensure growth and programme development
12. Create and manage the production of proposals
13. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Masters Degree in Public Health, Project Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
2. Proven experience and knowledge in program management or relevant position with a minimum of 5 years experience in a management position
3. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and excellent time-management.
4. Knowledge of budgeting and reporting
5. Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams in a challenging and dynamic environment
6. Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills including presentation skills for small and large groups.
7. Detail-oriented and efficient
8. Ability to apply quality management, and assessment principles as well as risk management processes.
9. Proficient in Management Information systems and MS Office.
This position will be on full time basis for 2 years with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: jobs@blood. ac.tz by 16:30 PM on Friday, 31st May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
“Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”.