Position: Principal Investigator, Senior GBV Expert
The Principal Investigator will lead a team of experts to conduct an analytical review at the national level to determine key barriers, bottlenecks faced by adolescent girls in Tanzania, as well as identify progress outcomes and all aspects of design and implementation of the gender and adolescent analysis, conduct key informant interviews, and develop a toolkit of deliverables from the findings of desk review, key informant interviews, manage the execution of data review of relevant national databases (including DHS).
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow
Our public colleagues provide the evidence needed for successful decision-making in government and the public sector. They have expertise in public policy formulation and evaluation, public opinion and voting intention studies, national statistics and longitudinal studies, plus consulting and advisory services in behaviour change, public communications and policy design.
• Lead the team in executing a mixed-method analytical approach to identify key gender-related barriers women and adolescent girls face in Tanzania
• Conduct gender analysis of key findings to ascertain progress made and identify key gaps in collected qualitative data
• Lead client communications and represent the evaluation team at routine project meetings.
• Actively engage Government of Tanzania key stakeholders (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Women and Children) to share findings from data collection activities
• Conduct review of project documents and relevant literature.
• Collect qualitative data using methods such as key informant interviews and participatory methods.
• Train junior data collectors, as needed.
• Lead data analysis, data visualization, and reporting using quantitative and qualitative data.
• Assign tasks to team members and ensure quality delivery.
• Ensure quality and timely deliverables that are useful for client decision-making.
• Develop program recommendations based on findings.
• Lead dissemination of findings and recommendations
• Periodic travel to selected regions within Tanzania
• PHD with10 years of relevant experience including ethnographic studies and conducting desk review
• Experience in GBV, gender analysis, and large-scale programme implementation in Tanzania at the national policy level, subject matter expert with peer reviewed publications
• Strong understanding and programmatic experience with harmful traditional practices including child marriage and female genital mutilation (FGM/C)
• Experience with multi-stakeholder engagement at the national policy level, and with key Ministries including Ministry of Health and Education
• Significant experience managing teams to conduct data collection, review, and analysis
• Experience with national legal frameworks, and justice system in Tanzania
• Excellent data analytical skills specifically in analyzing gender and age disaggregated data from national databases and DHS, MICS, etc.
• Experience developing and maintaining work plans, managing tasks and timelines, and coordinating complex activities.
• Excellent skills managing and manipulating data using Microsoft Excel.
• Experience conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
• Facilitation and presentation skills.
• Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Tanzanian nationals preferred.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Opening date: 31st May 2019 Closing date: 10th June 2019
Interested? Send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com with the subject line Principal Investigator, Senior GBV Expert – Tanzania.
Please note only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted for interviews.