Job Title: Project Officer- SUSTAIN Kasulu
Job ID: 13624-17N17137
Location: Tanzania Kigoma
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Contract: 1-2 Years
Purpose of the position:
To facilitate effective implementation of SUSTAIN Kigoma project in order to improve maternal and newborn care services in the 8 councils of Kigoma region (Kasulu DC, Kasulu Town, Buhigwe and Kigoma rural, Kigoma Municipal council, Kibondo, Kakonko, Uvinza).
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
• Support capacity building of health staff and other stakeholders in the community, to design and implement Maternal and Newborn care interventions in their areas.
• Networking with Government leaders in villages, wards, divisions and District Offices for smooth activities implementation, monitoring and reporting in Buhigwe Districts MNCH Project catchment areas
• Assist in the identification and documentation of the best practices, acceptable and workable strategies in addressing maternal and child mortality, malnutrition and food security as well as to facilitate communities to integrate best practices and workable strategies in Districts.
• Coordinate and supervise maternal and newborn care trainings in consistent with the national guidelines on safe motherhood and newborn care
• Working closely in collaboration with district RCH Coordinator, resource persons, Divisions and wards RCH focal persons, reproductive and child health staffs, health education officers to ensure integration of maternal newborn and child health/ nutrition at the community level
• Collecting, analyzing and interpreting health data for maternal, newborn, child health in the project area and facilitate health information system at community
• Facilitate training on Sexual and reproductive health, EmONC and social accountability at all levels in the district.
• Promote and involve male parents to meet the MNCH needs of Pregnant women, lactating mothers, newborns and young children
• Mobilization and sensitization of community on MNCH interventions
• Provide monitoring of the Project to ensure compliance to set goals/targets and standards
• Prepare and submit accurately and timely Monthly Progressive Report.
• Update monitoring tools as per Project M&E plan and ensure use of appropriate tools in collection, compilation, analysis and utilization within the project
• Facilitate Project reflection/learning, documentation of best practices and most significant success stories are included in the reports and shared among the partners
• Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification: A nurse midwife with Diploma in nursing and registered with the Nurses Council of Tanzania or AMO/clinical officer with Diploma in clinical medicine with working experience not less than 2 years in Health related fields.
Technical skills and abilities:
• Skills in Programming.
• Computer skills and statistical package.
• Skills in report writing
• Skills in community mobilization and facilitation
• Analytical skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Work environment: Office-based and communities.
• Travel: 5% Domestic travel is required.
• On call: 3%