Under the overall supervision of the Head of Procurement section, the Procurement Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
- Contribute Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support
- WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Education: Completion of secondary school education or First University degree with additional years of work experience in the related functional area is desirable
• Effective communication, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application
The position number and title stated in this advertisement should be clearly indicated in the application. Applications should be sent with a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org The application deadline is 10th June 2019.