Information Technology Specialist
Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture-consulting firm with long-term programs in Africa, Asia, and Central America, is seeking for the Information Technology Specialist for the Feed the Future Tanzania Mboga na Matunda activity.
Location: Dar es Salaam
- The Information Technology Specialist will be based in Dar es Salaam and reports to the Operations Manager. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting himself/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe-keeping and care of all program assets assigned to him/her. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, manage and analyze Local Area Network and prevent anyone from using excessive network bandwidth.
- Troubleshoot any network related problem.
- Troubleshoot any Internet-related problem, and if necessary work with the local ISP (Internet Service Provider) to resolve the issue.
- Install security service pack and patches on every workstation in the network.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot Network Printers, Scanner, projectors, etc.
- Keep track of IT inventory (Software and Hardware).
- Enforce Fintrac IT rules and regulations.
- IT hardware/software procurement, that is, analyze the need, research and configure the right product, obtain quotes from multiple Reputable authorized vendors, and work with Office Manager to finalize the purchase.
- Manage and maintain workstation backup.
- Manage and maintain computer security using Bitdefender or Home Office IT approved virus scanner.
- Troubleshoot and train end users on various software products, not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Bitdefender, Dropbox, CIRIS, QuickBooks, FTP, etc.
- Install/uninstall Home Office IT recommended software and hardware on Fintrac Computers as needed.
- Perform regular virus scanning on external drives, flash drives, servers, and workstations.
- Encrypt end-user computers and external devices as needed.
- Report any major issues to Home Office IT department in a timely manner.
- Install, un-install CIRIS as needed on Fintrac Computers.
- Troubleshoot any CIRIS related problem (if necessary get support from professionals).
- Participate in CIRIS beta testing.
- Enter, every IT request to the Helpdesk ticketing system, resolve and close on time.
- Periodically analyze helpdesk tickets for recurring events and recommend corrective actions.
Qualifications and Characteristics;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in network management and desktop support.
- Familiar with firewall products, such as CISCO, SonicWall, etc.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and PhotoShop.
- Understanding of IT best practices and principles needed to solve computer and software problems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to explain complex IT topics to all employee levels.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Mode of Application; Candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is Friday, June 7, 2019. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line.
Learn more about Fintrac and our work at www.fintrac.com