Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan, Malawi, Zambia and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa -Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Administration Assistant (1)
Location: Amref Dodoma office
Reports to: Project Officer and Administration Manager in Dar
To provide administration of general office facilities and equipment.
In charge of managing office facilities, services and equipment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain expenditure of allocated cost Centre’s and suggest cost controls and reallocation
- Supervise and review quality service delivery of outsourced services including travel, cleaning and security
- Coordinate the general support services for Amref facilities including tea, photocopying, and messengerial service etc.
- Coordinate the letting of Amref facilities including advertising, processing contracts, rent collection and any required follow up
- Maintain an assets register for all Amref fixed assets
- Provide a liaison between Amref and key suppliers of office equipment ensuring all necessary service is provided
- Supervise all security operations and systems, making appropriate recommendations where required
- Maintain up to date insurances for all facilities, equipment etc.
- Act as the key liaison person with the insurance brokers with regards to Amrefs general insurance
- Manage utilities including water and electricity ensuring timely payment to avoid disconnection: appropriate usage as well as alternative supply options
- Oversee building maintenance for all Amref facilities and the construction of any new buildings with the assistance of a Clerk of works
- Maintain all necessary files with regards to general office administration. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public administration and related Social Sciences
- General administration including facilities managementSecretarial training and Computer literate
- 3 years’ work experience
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Mature and confident personality
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 12th. 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy: Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.