Project Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation Officer)
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan, Malawi, Zambia and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa -Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Project Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation Officer) (1)
Location: Amref Dar es Salaam office
Reports to: MEAL Manager
Focal point for project result. Management using result based framework, coordination and harmonization of evidences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and coordinate an effective and efficient project monitoring and evaluation systems
- To coordinate with Program Officers, CHMTs and RHMTs to implement a district network approach for timely and regular reporting of key national and sub national program indicators to NACP, NTLP, TACAIDS and donors
- Develop and refine performance indicators to ensure that they are objective, practical, specific and cost effective.
- To build the capacity of Sub recipient staff and R/CHMTs to improve M&E systems.
- Assist to develop, -‘refine M&E tools and data management systems as applicable
- Facilitate Program Stakeholders Quarterly Review Meetings in collaboration Project M&E Manager and Program Manager
- Organise desk review, data verifications, address report queries and document data requests in collaboration with M&E Manager
- Develop and maintain appropriate project databases
- Coordinate/assist documentation of best practices and success stories across Amref Health Africa
- Compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports
- Coordinate operational research
- Participate in knowledge management in Amref Health Africa
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor-M&E Manager
- Basic degree in public health, demography, health informatics, statistics, epidemiology or equivalent.
- Experience in M&E of health programs, including the use of data to inform decision making, planning, resource allocation and other strategic initiatives, preferably in Tanzania.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators.
- Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- At least 4 years working experience in the HIV/AIDS related field.
- Experience of working in the NGOs setting and donor funded projects
- Previous M&E experience in a result based model.
- Report writing
- Planning and organization
- Communication skills
Ability to work within deadlines
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 12th. 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com.
Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy: Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.