Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan, Malawi, Zambia and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa -Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Sales Assistant (1)
Reports to: Sales Manager (Amref Flying Doctors- Nairobi)
The key role is to assist the account executives and sales team in various administration roles. In this role, the Sales Assistant shall work closely with the sales team to ensure that the business’ key objective of sales and administration are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all visitors and acts as the first point of reference for all enquiries for the office. & Manage incoming and outgoing calls.
- Attending to AMREF Flying Doctors’ walk-in clients, tele-sales and responding to enquiries on products and services.In charge of receiving and dispatching correspondences and maintaining a register for the same
Customer service delivery:
- Providing after-sales services to customers by calling clients and ensuring they are actively trading with the organization
- Recording all incoming and outgoing Maisha customer cards
- Handling and resolving customer complaints, directing recording details of inquiries, comments and complaints: unresolved issues to the designated person
- Ensuring the office has sufficient Maisha products, brochures and distribute the same to the persons visiting the office Compliance
- Access and update the membership database which entails: recording details of inquiries, comments and complaints and records details of action
- Generate membership numbers on the system for the clients
- Maintaining an updated office inventory at all times (monthly basis) and share the report.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions for feedback reports and future reference.
- Comprehensive management of all office records and maintain an effective filling system
- Assist in compiling sales reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the office and the Sales Manager
- Assist in preparing the petty cash report and ensure these are correctly recorded and remitted to finance on a weekly basis
Administrative support including communication;
- Assist in arranging regular visits for the sales team in order to maintain relationships with existing intermediaries and clients
- Prepares drafts for responses for the office
- Ensuring that all administrative activities are well planned through provision of logistical support including effective running of the office
Custodian of office assets:
- Ensures compliance with maintenance/servicing schedules for printers/policy insurance validity etc.
- Perform any other work-related duties that are assigned by the supervisor Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing and Brand Management from a recognized university.
- Should possess strong background on sales and marketing specifically from Health Insurance Companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Commercial/ business acumen
- Team player
- Emotional stability
- Company, policies, Systems, procedures and methods
- Knowledge of AMREF Flying Doctors’ policies in relations to this function and its administration as they impact on business operations
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 12th. 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy: Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.