Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; NonCommunicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions,, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. All job positions require significant field work and travel up to 70% of the time. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill key Afya Kwanza project vacancies in 3 regions of Geita, Kagera and Dar es Salaam, as described below:
TB-HIV OFFICERS: 5 Posts; Dar es Salaam -1,Geita-2, Kagera-2
Reporting to Regional TB -HIV Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support implementation, M&E and reporting of TB-HIV services under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant activities.
- To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT- in line with national guidelines
- To provide TA to the DACC, DTLC and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB-HIV services
- To support TB-HIV Manager to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in TB-HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with CBHCCo
- To support timely collection and submission of TB-HIV data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team
- To support TB-HIV Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
- To support and advise the TB-HIV Manager on all TB-HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RRTBCL Manager
Requirements. Education, work experience and skills
- Degree or Advanced diploma in medicine, nursing or related field with relevant national registration
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 2 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of TB-HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by Wednesday 12th June, 2019, to the Human Resource Director through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.