RTI ( www.rti.org ) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI is recruiting candidates for the USAID-funded Tanzania Tusome Pamoja “Let’s Read Together”
Chief of Party, Tanzania Tusome Pamoja The International Education Division is currently accepting applications for Chief of Party for the Tanzania Tusome Pamoja Project, a $60-70 million USAID-funded program to improve reading and learning achievement in grades 1-4 in Tanzania. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam.
The Chief of Party (COP) based in Dar es Salaam will provide overall strategic direction and technical and administrative leadership for the activity. S/he will serve as primary liaison with USAID Tanzania on management and technical matters. The Chief of Party is responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution and ensures exceptional quality and timeliness of project deliverables within budget and compliance parameters. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, especially DFID, and other implementing partners
• Manage technical and administrative personnel and subcontractors in the implementation of a large, complex activity to improve the reading, writing, and arithmetic skills of Tanzanian students in Grades 1-4.
• Ensure that all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters.
• Serve as primary liaison to USAID/ Tanzania on management and strategic issues to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability in achieving project requirements.
• Lead the coordination of program activities among a diverse group of stakeholders and beneficiaries including the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG); the Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MOEST) in the Mainland; the Zanzibar Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MOEVT), District Education Offices, school officials, civil society, and other activity partners. Ensure internal integration of project activities through:
• the annual work plan and budgeting process;
• creating/maintaining an effective project management team;
• overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
• Provide leadership and oversight for areas such as Finance, Operations, Reporting, Public Affairs, and Human Resources.
• Develop and implement practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
• Master’s degree in education; Ph.D. in education or Ed. D. preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in relevant technical and management roles within the fields of primary education, early grade reading, curriculum development, and teacher professional development.
• At least 10 years of experience managing large scale donor-funded education projects in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably for USAID.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
• Prior experience working with Ministries of Education and other education sector stakeholders and partners.
• Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to recruit and develop high performing teams; demonstrated ability to manage international and national staff.
• Experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development, and systems strengthening.
• Experience and demonstrated capacity to build and sustain partnerships to achieve development results.
• Excellent communication skills and ability (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply To apply please email your updated CV/Resume and Cover Letter only to email@example.com. Application deadline is June 26th, 2019. Please indicate the name of the position that you are applying for in the Subject Line of your Application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org”