The incumbent will be responsible for working with insurance claims. S/he will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including: administrating claims; coordinating with various departments to settle claims; managing and maintaining records; developing reports for statistical claims; monitoring claim trends; coordinating with insurance companies to resolve customer issues; serving as a liaison between the hospital and insurance companies; serving as an insurance expert; and making recommendations for new insurance policies. Claims administrators are also responsible for filing and maintaining accurate paperwork
- Coordinate insurance process across departments, doctors, medical staff, tracking claims and reporting on aggregate metrics.
- Enable quick, accurate claim submissions.to achieve sustainable, recurring cash flow improvement by
- Ensure Accuracy of forms to reduce rejections and rebilling, resulting in improved first-time acceptance rate
- Support and mentor staff in insurance resources, standards, data, and contacts.
- Review claim submissions and determine eligibility and level of coverage.
- Prepare and monitor insurance budgets and report on exceptional circumstances.
- File claims, enter data, and update databases with current daily information.
- Handle general administrative duties such as creation of claim records, managing claim documents, scheduling and distribution of cases
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Process patient and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents for resolution.
- Verify entered patient and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Preferred Skills:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Holder of Ordinary Diploma in a related field or its equivalent.
- One year relevant work experience in data entry, high attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medications
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to decipher various forms of handwriting
- Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Director Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
or E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date Friday, Monday, 17th June 2019.