Shift In Charge
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS – MOROGORO is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for 9 available Posts at Morogora Weigh Bridge stations. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN CHARGE (2- POSTS)
Successful applicants must be ready to work on ‘Shift’ basis including weekends and Public Holidays. He/ She should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time with minimum supervision.
The position Holder shall report to the Axle Load Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SHIFT IN CHARGE:
- Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices.
- Overall supervision of shift activities.
- Enforcing The East African Community Vehicle Load Control. Act 2016 and its Reoulafors, 2017.
The activities include the following:
- Weigh Motor vehicles of Gross Vehicles Weight (GVW) ≥ 3500kg on Public Roads.
- Measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle, and in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporters should be caused to seek for special permits.
- Impose road damage fee on the spot if the vehicle is found over loaded
- For trucks carrying abnormal loads with special permits, the weighbridge
- Operator shall ascertain cosopl,ence to the permits. Any discrepancy should be reported to the weignoridoe in charge for appropriate action,
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed. vi. Observe good customer care
- Report all matters to the Regional Manager
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Regional Manager.
- Holder of any Degree from recognized Higher Learning Institution/College. Higher qualification will have an added advantage.
- Age. Not above 40 and not less than 35 years of age.
- Must be computer Literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili Languages
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen.
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their own handwritten application letters, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and CERTIFIED COPIES of relevant education and professional certificates, Birth Certificates together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and E-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 21st June, 2019 Applications which will be received after deadline SHALL NOT be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Tel: 023 2613091/2, Fax: 023 2613049
APPLY Before 21st June, 2019