Water Network Engineer
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Water Network Engineer 1 (One Position)
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
The holder of this position heads the water network Section and is responsible for carrying out man¬agement, development and maintenance of the water supply network. He/She will be responsible for efficient and adequate water supply to all areas covered by the Tanga UWASA services.
Appointed by Managing Director
Reports to Technical Manager
Supervises Water Network Technicians
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises all water network maintenance and development plans activities in accordance with systems procedures agreed with the Technical Manager;
- Maintains proper records of the water network inventory and monitors all factors that might impinge on the supply of water in the network;
- Coordinates with the Customer Services Department in handling customer complaints relating to the water supply;
- Allocates assignments to subordinate staff and monitors their performance to ensure that jobs are done effectively and efficiently;
- Oversees right quality and quantity supply of water to customers;
- Foresees the rehabilitation and maintenance of the water network infrastructures;
- Advises the Technical Manager on all matters pertaining to water distribution and ensures that the Manager is at all times appraised of opportunities and threats that have a bearing on the Authori¬ty’s ability to distribute quality water through the network;
- Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the water network Section and the status of the network;
- Prepare periodic operational and other management reports to facilitate constant review of the Sections and Department’s performance and as input to managerial decisions;
- Oversee the efficient implementation of all Authority’s Plans including Risk Management Plan;
- Manage the human resources of the Section in accordance with the Public Service Act and Authority’s regulations, in particular their deployment, discipline, appraisal, training or career development and welfare;
- Manages performance and conduct performance appraisals to comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities, and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Technical Manager from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The holder of this position must have the following:
i) Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Environmental/ Sanitation Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University/institution. Possession of a Postgraduate Qualification in the related field is an added advantage
ii) Must be registered as Professional Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania (ERB);
iii) Posses of Valid Practising License issued by Engineers Registration Board;
iv) Must have at least five (5) years working experience as Water Engineer, and
v) Must be ICT literate with good and proven interpersonal communication skills
vi) Age Limit – Not above 45
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th June 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”