Position: Women’s Economic Empowerment Project Coordinator (Unpaid Internship) – TATU Project | Shanty Town, Tanzania
About this organization
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
W.E. THRIVE PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
An economic empowerment program to reinforce saving habits and entrepreneurship. TATU Project supports the women of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in their own initiatives towards financial independence. The women are empowered through setting up their own financial systems and businesses, contributing their own capital and making practical decisions through skill-building workshops and training.
The Bike Shop Project
The Bike Shop project is a bicycle rental business run by the women of from the community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto; it offers a stable income to managers, promotes responsible income management, incentivizes saving, and gives the villages access to bicycle rentals that save community members time and money.
The women of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto are motivated to be involved by the opportunity of having more capital accessible and the use of a saving/lending space. It also encourages members to reinforce saving habits and entrepreneurship. The project provides access to skill-building opportunities and capital required to grow their businesses and gain greater financial independence.
The role of W.E. Thrive Project Coordinator is to support the W.E. Thrive Program manager and team members in daily operating duties whilst working together towards long-term goals and strategies. The current long-term objective of 2018 is to create business plans for the individual projects. This will support the project to become more sustainable and assist the women involved to become more independent managers and increase their financial independence.
- Gain thorough understanding of current status of the project and plan with the team on appropriate strategies and objectives
- Work with team to review, research and develop business plan and tools required for projects
- Conduct consistent and useful monitoring and evaluation systems
- Support W.E. Thrive Program Manager in areas necessary
- Build databases and gather relevant information
- Support communication of TATU goals with the community members and vice verse
- Assist in budgeting and accounting of projects
- Develop social media content to promote project initiatives
It is essential for you to have:
- An undergrad degree in either Business, International Development, International Relations, Community Development or a relevant degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Innovative and analytical thinker, with an ability to find solutions to complex problems whilst incorporating the values of the organization
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
- A proficient level of English skills, writing and oral
- Passion and values that align with TATU Project
It is desirable for you to have:
- Experience working/volunteering and living overseas, preferably in a developing country
- Experience working/volunteering with a NGO
- Experience in project coordination
- A good of grasp of accounting and finance concepts
- Computer literate across MS office applications
- The volunteer position is UNPAID.
- The minimum time commitment is 6 months, but there are opportunities to extend on mutual agreement
- VISA, flights and health insurance are not included
- The volunteer house and office is located in Moshi, Tanzania
- The working week will mainly consist of office hours with one or two days working on the field
- Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO.
- Conduct field work supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands-on experience
- Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability and international development.
- Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
- A dedicated, friendly team and a positive, dynamic working environment.
- Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with the subject line “W.E. THRIVE Coordinator Application” from Idealist