Food & Beverage Manager
Application deadline 2019-07-11
Arrange for smooth running of the food and beverage offer in the resort. You will have the responsibility to develop, innovate and deliver a product mix which is quality driven whilst maintaining aggressive financial returns. This will be driven by ensuring that all working methods are reviewed and best practice is achieved so we in turn can grow our business whilst delivering excellent guest service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The job holder will act as a purchasing officer and budget controller for the restaurant and the bar
- Ensure reasonable stock levels are available at all time. Avoid spoilage and aged items.
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene & Safety legislation & requirements
- Champion a training culture within the F&B team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the best the industry has to offer
- The F&B Manager will constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- The job holder will be responsible for maintaining and helping enforce the agreed brand standards for each unit by conducting and managing monthly audits
- Brief your staff daily in order to receive feed-back from clients and in order to best implement and sell menus and specials.
- The F&B Manager will also be the department representative for Special Events, working each special event as the departmental duty manager. This will involve all planning associated with each event, right through to delivery in collaboration with the Event manager.
- They will also liaise with the Sales and Marketing team to collate and respond to all customer correspondence, ensuring this is communicated to the entire F&B team, where appropriate
- The F&B Manager will be responsible for ensuring income per head is increased quarter on quarter, without jeopardizing guest satisfaction and quality
- This will include ordering of equipment within financial constraints, invoice querying and establishing a positive relationship with the Accounts Department
- Supervise weekly stock takings and issue detailed Gross Margin report
- The job holder must provide an environment of trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching
- Hire and fire your staff with professionalism. Make sure available resources are balanced between cost effectiveness and customer comfort.
- Supervise and sign weekly stock takings for glassware, cutlery, crockery, utensils, equipment or other
- Ensure that kitchen has quality products, is efficient and can deliver what is on the menu in time and in best and regular quality.
- Ensure that the restaurant but also all other F&B facilities are in perfect order at any time.
- Supervise technical arrangements for special clients’ requests.
- Hire capable barman able to increase offerings and sales
- Initiate attractive atmosphere around the bar
As a F&B Manager, you are required to follow all instructions given by your supervisor and those in your job description. We expect you to show enthusiasm, loyalty & commitment which is for the benefit of yourself and Kijiji Beach. Please note that this job description is part of your employment contract and is therefore governed by the Laws of Tanzania.