Head Of Supply Chain Management
Head of SCM is responsible for the sourcing of materials, goods and services for the company in line with company goals and objectives particularly as stated in company strategic and operating plans. By working in close collaboration with senior management this individual must achieve excellence in procurement resulting in both a high quality of service and maximize saving potential enterprise wide. The role will also include the implementation of the Vodafone ‘One SCM’ principles and mandates as well as establishing very good working relationships between Vodacom Tanzania and Vodacom South Africa and Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC). The role also include
- Identify, plan and develop strategies and activities to support current and future internal and external procurement needs for each defined product category. Ensure the current and future availability of products and services in line with agreed Company requirements by establishing effective purchasing practice.
- Driving procurement practice through RFP/RFQ processes and in line with Company Procurement Policy, from initial negotiation through to final contract. To redefine Company procurement practice in line with Company requirements as the dynamics of the business change through constantly auditing purchasing procedures.
- Ability to interact with senior management both internally in order to scope requirements, and externally to negotiate the best contractual conditions for the Company. To increase margins through the lowering of costs on existing contracts, and or identifying alternative procurement.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly and annual reports on purchasing operations in line with company requirements.
- Regular review of the Procure-To-Pay processes to ensure the process is streamlined.
- Measuring supplier performance on a regular basis.
- Manage the implementation of the Vodafone ‘One SCM’ mandate throughout the company.
- Manage all Company Suppliers on an operational level through personal interaction with suppliers and support to Procurement Category Managers.
- Assist and Work alongside Legal in the Development and agreement of Supplier contracts for Goods and Services.
- Ensures that all purchasing operations are performed with the utmost honesty and integrity and that business is transacted with trustworthy organisations.
- Fully informed on the financial performance of the Company, maintain regular interaction with finance to assist in reconciling areas within procurements responsibility, ensure suppliers are paid in line with agreed terms, and identify any area of potential cost saving and overspend.
- Manage the supply chain process from suppliers through to final delivery to Vodacom Tanzania and the distribution of the goods to regional warehouses, sites, regional distribution centers and depots.
- Responsible for all importation documentation, and the physical clearing and forwarding of materials, goods and services and distribution thereof, warehousing and accounting thereof for the company in line with company goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the activities of personnel in the Supply Chain division recommending measures to improve performance and increase efficiency.
- Ensure that Vodacom Tanzania Procurement Policy and Procedures are followed at all times and the DOA is adhered to.
- Recommend or initiate personnel action such as recruitment, promotions, disciplinary measures, training of current and new employees.
- Compile and Manage a Departmental Budget.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- At least three years’ experience in the running of purchasing functions preferably in a corporate multinational environment and within FMCG and Services.
- Total Commercial Work Experience of ten years, of which five to have been at a senior Level.
- Knowledge of the purchasing cycle, including negotiations, conditions of contract and supply, tendering practices etc.
- Excellent level of computer literacy conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint. Experience with purchasing software or any Major ERP system is also a requirement.
- Ability to apply accounting systems as related to Procurement.
- A General understanding of all aspects of supply chain management.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with visionary planning capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientated approach.
- Fluency in English and ability to interact with other team members across all Levels of the Company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product
- Ability to manage staff as well as facilitate change.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- University graduate with a degree in Materials Management or related field. Candidates with general business, commercial degrees may also be considered.
- Registered member of the National Board of Materials Management.
- Working knowledge of statutory procurement standards and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of logistics and warehouse management.