KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
ASCENT Project Background
Historically, the most widely-implemented means of supporting TB patients and ensuring adherence for their treatment is Directly Observed Treatment (DOT). With DOT, a health care worker observes (in-person) the patient’s daily ingestion of medication, either at the health facility or patient’s home. While the DOT approach has advanced global decline in TB incidence, innovations are needed to address existing gaps, enable system efficiencies, improve patient-centered care, empower providers and patients and achieve greater impact for all types of TB.
By taking advantage of today’s powerful communication mechanisms, the implementation of digital adherence technologies (DAT) can help to overcome health care disparities by allowing patients greater freedom to self-manage and participate in their own care, reduce financial burdens and restore autonomy and dignity, and simultaneously empower providers with accurate and timely information to provide differentiated care.
KNCV is currently recruiting a Project Manager and a Technical Officer for a potential project called ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project); a project to implement integrated Digital Adherence Technology (DAT) interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
The vacancies are subject to grant award and funding
The purpose of the position is to represent the ASCENT project in Tanzania and supervise the ASCENT project team. The ASCENT Project Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the project including the development of country operational plans, budgets, implementation, monitoring, and reporting. He/she coordinates and works closely together with the coalition partners of ASCENT, the National TB program, the Global Fund, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to successfully implement the ASCENT country project. The ASCENT Project Manager manages a team of 8 project staff.
Place in the organization
The ASCENT Project Manager supervises the project team of local staff and reports to the ASCENT Project Management Team at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As Project Manager you will:
- Provide overall technical leadership and management of the ASCENT project;
- Lead the project life cycle: from annual planning, implementation to monitoring and reporting;
- Support key project human resource activities;
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery on all contractual and programmatic obligations;
- Build capacity of, and supervise the ASCENT project team to ensure high performance and technical leadership to enable them to build the capacity of local partners;
- Report on project milestones and progress to the Project Management Team at KNCV HQ
- Maintain partner relations and coordination among stakeholders (e.g. NTP, MOH, GF);
- Leverage project learnings to define country implementation package and scale-up strategy
- Contribute to country-specific implementation strategy in national and regional fora, guideline committees and TB working groups;
- Oversee relevant national and regional policy developments on digital health, adherence support and identify strategic opportunities to contribute to policy development.
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in public health, medicine, project management, or related field Knowledge/Experience
- Demonstrated experience managing health project(s) (ideally in TB) (at least five years);
- Excellent understanding of project planning processes;
- Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects;
- Proven experience in and affinity with specific technical areas related to the project, i.e. digital health solutions;
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Proven experience with stakeholder involvement, managing stakeholder relations and strengthening partnerships;
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 5 July 2019. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org