Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
CAREER OPPORTUNITY –Program Officer -Monitoring and Evaluation (One Position)
The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian non-profit, non-governmental organization working to scale up nutrition work in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life for vulnerable groups through cost-effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate nutrition interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectoral advocacy movement for better nutrition governance through active engagement with citizens, policy makers, and government authorities at all levels.
COUNSENUTH is inviting applications to fill the position of Program Officer –Monitoring and Evaluation, which will be based in Dar Es Salaam but work in all regions which COUNSENUTH has operation. The Applicant should be capable of working with the Government, donors, community and people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. He/she must have very good interpersonal skills, be highly motivated, creative, a team player with high degree of integrity and must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
The M&E Program officer will ensure that a log frame –based M&E system based on outcomes is fully and consistently integrated into all COUNSENUTH programs, meets the reporting needs of all key stakeholders and is further refined and enhanced on an ongoing basis. This position reports to Director of Programs
Qualifications and Experience The applicant must:
- Hold a degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- Hold a Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Demography, statistics or related field Have at least 3 years working experience in similar position
- Proven expertise in quantitative & qualitative methodologies, operations research, reporting, data quality assessment, data analysis and presentation
- Have strong technical skills, including but not limited to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-info, stata
- Have experience of working with Government institutions, the local government authorities, civil society organizations, community partners and development partners. Have excellent writing and communication skills
Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all planning and budgeting of programs and integrate the ME component in all programs and the organizational management systems
- Responsible for establishing a reliable and consistent set of outcome indicators for all program activities as well as developing an organization –wide core set of indicators
- Participate in data collection, and synthesize and analysis and prepare summary and thematic reports on M&E findings
- Develop, refine and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with Program Director and other staff for the dissemination of information
- Manage day to day operation of the M&E system, including support of Center’s field officers in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments
- Provide technical assistance and data for the M&E component of grant proposal development
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training materials and presentation for capacity building of M&E staff in the regions
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organization for best practice and technical assistance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and Annual program reports and Performs any other duties as assigned by the authority.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), together with up to date curriculum vitae (with three professional references) and copies of academic certificates not later than 8th July 2019.
The application should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
All application should be sent via EMAIL only