Position: Chinese Relationship Manager – Commercial Banking – (1900016189)
Job: Commercial Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 28/Jun/2019
Unposting Date: 13/Jul/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Grow and retain profitable CB clients
- Provide clients with needs based solutions
- Build trusted client relationships
- Maintain a high level of client engagement
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Portfolio maintenance
- Portfolio analysis
- Understand Client Value Proposition (CVP)
The Role Responsibilities
- Relationship Management
- Be flexible, responsive and accessible; maintain frequent but added-value contact with client
- Build relationships with decision makers and influences within a client’s circle of influence
- Follow up quickly on outstanding issues, updates or questions to ensure flawless execution
- Act as an advocate for client and help them to navigate the Bank
- Obtain feedback from client and seek to exceed their expectations
- Able to drive CVP in a strategic level related to certain business segment.
- Provide expert guidance to the team on targeting market prospects
- Align profitability goals with client needs by negotiating terms as a package with the group
- Shape client base segmentation and business development strategy
- Provide expert guidance to the team on holding a client pitch
Risk & Compliance
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the bank
- Understand and implement the Bank’s procedures to independently assess and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients
- Formulate and lead in building bank’s short term and long term credit risk strategies at unit / country level
- Ensure that staff only pitch relevant Financial Markets products to clients based on their risk profile within the appropriateness framework
Credit Risk – Core
- Perform with confidence credit and accounting analysis techniques, including cashflow analysis, ratio analysis and sources of revenue for a client
- Apply knowledge of working knowledge of internal credit and regulatory policies, procedures, guidelines and products etc, in managing client and portfolio level credit risks
- Follow the Bank’s procedures to complete risk assessment and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients with a moderate risk profile
- Ability to identify opportunities in offering the appropriate product to the client from the bank’s product suite keeping in view the customer risk profile and credit facility needs.
- Monitor for early warning signs of changing risk environment which may impact client and breaches in approval terms and condition. The candidate should be in a position to understand and propose necessary actions which work together the best interests of the bank.
- Respond quickly to all internal or regulatory requirements or policy changes
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business or accounting related degree.
- MBA/ACA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 2 years should be of managing corporate client relationships.
- Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, Retail Clients products.
- Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team.
- Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.