Requisition ID: req5673
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 30 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Tanzania for 25 years, supporting refugees and Tanzanians with health, education and protection. With a National Office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in Kasulu, Kibondo and Kigoma, the IRC serves over 200,000 people each year.
The IRC currently has over 200 staff and employs a further 2,000 refugee workers to enable the frontline delivery of its programmes. Together, we aim to provide the best possible impact for some of the most vulnerable children, women and men. In all that we do, IRC strives to deliver through IRC’s core values of Integrity, Accountability and Service. If you have what it takes to be an exceptional Human Resource, please submit your application for this job.
- Ensure the implementation of the Policies and Procedures and provide day-to-day administrative support to IRC Kibondo office and staff.
- Ensure availability of sufficient office stationary & consumable supplies for both office and expat houses for the latter. Control (including budget) and monitor use of office supplies in collaboration with Supply Chain Department
- Responsible for office equipment usage (photocopiers, printers, duplicating machine etc.) and report any breakdown to HR Manager.
- Ensure the tracking and updating staff database including Annual leave, ED’s, Annual Leave allowance, training and Time sheets are completed, submitted and documented
- Ensure a proper central filing & tracking system of documents as per IRC filling system. Assist in ensuring statutory deductions and its remittance are done according to appropriate laws, includes submission to TRA [PAYE & Payroll levy], NSSF [employer & employee contribution] and any other deductions as per governing laws
- Ensure all new staff have the social security registration and Bank account number and supervise the process by making sure that necessary application forms are completed/ filled
- To support the HR Manager in compilation of monthly and weekly HR reports.
Human resource & Admin duties
- Supervise Office Attendants, Cooks and Cleaners to ensure the office and expat staff houses environment is clean and ready in time for usage and accommodation –and presentable as per IRC requirement.
- Ensure time and efforts forms are prepared and distributed to staff on timely manner. Ensure time sheets are checked and filed and payroll completed as per finance department instructions
- Assist the SHR Manager in processing and tracking National Staff employment contracts, job applications and other necessary recruitment documents including JDs, certificates and references
- Support the SHR Manager in regard to working permits, visa and other form of registration
- Support the SHR Manager in facilitating orientation of new staff on policies and procedures.
- Advise the SHR Manager on general staff issues, i.e. Training need, staffing level for National staff as well as Incentive staff.
- Support SHR Manager in recruitment process for refugee (incentive) staff and participate in general recruitment as assigned by supervisor [from advertising, short listing, interviewing and hiring as required and to national staff where requested
- Assist the HR Manager with performance management evaluation tracking for staff when due.
- BVA operator for all office and administrative lines and develop a spending plan for these lines to ensure timely spending of the budget lines.
- Ensure staff compound, office/expat houses internet, DSTV is tracked and paid in time.
- Support the HR Manager in coordinating administrative support for visitors and expat staff coming into Kibondo (arrangement of accommodation, communication and welfare and record all technical support visits for reporting donor)
- Assist the HR Manager in filling correspondence, , drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc.
- Maintain smooth flow of information and communication in the office receiving and channeling all correspondence to the appropriate persons internally and externally
- Support the HR Manager in organizing the KMM meeting – on weekly basis and other meetings including monthly staff meetings as scheduled and prepare related minutes.
- Coordinate the reception team in ensuring that visitors are received with courtesy interviewed and are directed accordingly.
Ensure quality management of assets and other items procured including stationery, fuel, vehicles etc
Support the SHR Manager in ensuring that all staff have adequate and habitable office space and identify industrial hazards within the working space
Support SHR Manager in making bookings for meetings for both programs and operations teams as periodically requested and ensure participant’s lists are generated and meals provided are worth value for money.
Security / Communication
Monitor security issues at the field of work and report to the Head of Office
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in an HR & Administration role
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience and understanding of employment and Labour Relations Act of Tanzania and the payroll.
- Able to operate effectively and independently in a field environment using good judgement and experience to support decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication