Senior Legal Specialist
Senior Legal Specialist responsible to manage and provide corporate legal services as in-house counsel in the Legal team and endeavor to provide effective link between the team and internal and external stakeholders in all legal matters.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Working in collaboration with all levels of management to guarantee availability of valid and appropriate contracts for all areas of business.
- Managing aspect of control of contracts and other legal documents in the Division in line with company delegation of authority
- Timely provision of legal advice and support to management pertaining to various business issues as and when needed.
- Overseeing execution of contracts in line with legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Representing the company in courts and other dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Managing all disputes and litigation involving the Company and ensure availability of records and relevant reports.
- Ensuring legal policies and procedure are in place and updated to confirm with company legal requirement.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Very good knowledge of legal concepts, techniques and principles
- Experience in handling complex corporate and commercial transactions or projects
- High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer oriented approach
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili and ability to interact with other team members
- Outstanding ability to apply knowledge of Law and advise Management accordingly.
- At least three years’ experience in telecommunication industry or any FMCG or busy corporate legal service-providing law firm
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- A holder of Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
- A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less than 5 years’ experience