TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi – Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Work, Communication and Transport established on July 1 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional roads Network, Its primary functions include the Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operation of the Network and Axle load Control.
The Implementation of Road Safety and Environment Measures, Provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – TABORA is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following posts at Regional Manager’s Office. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the posts listed below;
Job Title: Drivers (4 Posts)
Jobs at: Tanzania National Roads Agency
Deadline of this Job: 20th July 2019
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Agency motor vehicle;
- Maintains the vehicle logbook;
- Check and report the maintenance requirements;
- Inspect the vehicle before and after safari in order identify defaults that may need maintenance;
- Ensure vehicle he drives and accessories are always in good condition; Understands defensive driving while on the road;
- Delivers and collects mails and goods etc;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Age: Not below 35 and not above 45 years of age;
- Holder of Ordinary Secondary School EDUCATION Certificates who passed English and Kiswahili
- Basic Driving Course offered by VETA or any other recognised Institution
- Must have genuine and a valid driving licence Class C or E
- Work Experience: Not less than one (1) year
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must have clean track record; Must be Tanzania citizen;
Remunerations: TANROADS Scale-TRS O2
Job application procedure
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 20th July, 2019 with their complete CV’s and copies of all ACADEMIC CERTIFICATE and BIRTH CERTIFICATE; NAMES OF THREE REFEREES; ) ADDRESSES OF PREVIOUS EMPLOYEES; APPLICANTS CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER; EMAIL ADDRESS AND POSTAL ADDRESS Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and overqualified applicants will not be considered letters should be handwritten in English Language.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
TANROADS, P. O. Box 2, TABORA.
Tell No: 026 2604240
Fax No: 026 2604240