CONTENT QUALITY CONTROLLER (2)
JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be fact-checked, well-structured and balanced.
JamiiForums is currently hiring Content Quality Controllers to plan, research, analyze and help moderators do their work by ensuring that the content on JamiiForums meets the specified quality standards (qualitative & quantitative) and follows the mandated Editorial Policy. The Content Quality Controller reports to the Production Manager
The following are the Responsibilities of a Content Quality Controller
- Review incoming user-generated content from a qualitative perspective in order to make sure that it meets standards
- Monitoring, Editing, updating all content on JamiiForums according to Company’s Editorial Policy so as to maintain Quality of Content from the site by our clients.
- Keep moderators informed over content/topics that need to be removed, modified, closed or need quick response in case they have not been attended
- Monitor and review content to be shared on social media outlets to make sure it meets our standards.
- Updating and improving the quality of posts for archiving
- Suggesting changes to be done to the forums or social media pages due to member or content managers’ demands
- Provide guidance to content managers on what threads they should work on, how they should solve uncertainties, live stream of events and other things they may face
- Replying to members on queries related to content management
- Providing weekly content and engagement analysis to Content Production Manager and Content Monitor
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Aged 27 years and above
- Editorial Skills and Experience are given a priority
- Bachelor’s degree. (Preferably in Education, Mass Communication, Journalism or any other field)
- An active member of JF with a Minimum 3 years of membership is an added advantage
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Persistent
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
- MUST be impartial
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per JamiiForums salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Potential candidates who know possess the required knowledge, skills and experience should apply by sending an updated CV to email@example.com and a briefstatement on how they believe they can transform JamiiForums to the next level. The application email should be titled “Application for a Content Quality Controller Post”. DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS:
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)