CONTENT MANAGER/MODERATER (6)
JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be fact-checked, well-structured and balanced.
JamiiForums is currently hiring Content Managers (moderators) to work on the user-generated content on the platform with the end goal of having quality content while ensuring discussions follow Community Engagement Guidelines and our Platform’s Editorial Policy.
A Content Manager is responsible for maintaining content order on the assigned forum(s) by handling content and users. The CM reports to the Production Manager.
The following are the Responsibilities of a Content Manager:
- Monitoring, Editing, updating all content on JamiiForums according to the Editorial Policy
- Maintaining order throughout the proceedings of discussions by ensuring that members abide by Community Engagement Guidelines/Forum Rules
- Engaging members in different discussions on the news and various agendas on the forums when necessary
- Ensuring that the interactions remain within the identified theme and focus.
- Alert on any Newsworthy content such as Breaking News to all Staff; this includes recommendation of content to be shared/disseminated on our Social Media Platforms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Aged 23 years and above
- Editorial Skills and Experience are given a priority
- Bachelor’s degree. (Preferably in Education, Mass Communication, Journalism or any other field)
- An active member of JF with a Minimum 3 years of membership is an added advantage
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Persistent
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
- MUST be impartial
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per JamiiForums salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Potential candidates who know possess the required knowledge, skills and experience should apply by sending an updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cover letter should be a one-pager with all required information also including information of (2 links of your best threads/discussions from JamiiForums).
- A two-page CV (please do not exceed three)
- The application email should be titled “Application for a Content Manager Post”
- DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS:
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)