Data Entry Clerks
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Data Entry Clerks
Reporting to Senior Manager- TB Services
Location Tabora -1 & Singida -1.
The CaP-TB project aims to generate novel evidence of effective and innovative models of care to improve Pediatric TB services. Generation of quality data is key for this project to reach its intended goals. The data clerk will be responsible to ensure data generated in his/her project sites/region are completely and timely entered in the CaP TB reporting systems. He/she will work under leadership and direct supervision of Senior Manager TB services, EGPAF Tanzania. He/she will also work closely with HIS officer for TB services and HIS officers in the project office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check to ensure that all project data collection forms are filled correctly and completely and work with clinicians/nurses to correct any inconsistencies before entry to the database.
- Working with other staffs from all entry points where CAP TB forms pass to make sure the forms and other documents are kept in a secure place to guarantee patient confidentiality and adhere to MOHCDGEC, NTLP and NACP guidelines on data management.
- To conduct monthly data audit. Verify data entered to the database and that of the paper based source. Check the completion of CAP TB forms and ICF and work with the service providers to rectify any inconsistencies. Cross check facility cumulative clients against actuals and arrange all forms according to status.In collaboration with HIS Officer; to monitor and track all Monitoring and Evaluation tools at site level to ensure their constant availability by accurate forecasting and timely ordering.
- Conduct routine analysis of data and display of key set of indicator progress on a monthly basis and share findings with the facility
- Participate in internal Data Quality Assessment with EGPAF members, R/CHMT member and CAP TB focal person.
- On monthly basis ensure that data from the site is submitted on time to EGPAF CAP TB database and can be visualized to the system.
- Perform other relevant program related duties as assigned by the direct manager Education and Experience
- Degree/Diploma or Certificate in record management or Computer science/IT
- At least 1 year of proven experience in in data entry and related filed of work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good knowledge of basic IT skills including Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook and Internet is essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
As you apply kindly indicate on the subject line the region of your interest/ choice.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: July 25, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted