Vacancy title: Member of Press and Economy
Jobs at: Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Dar es Salaam
Deadline of this Job: 30th August 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Dar es Salaam is looking for a colleague for the sectors press and economy .
The activity includes the following tasks:
- Maintaining the website of the embassy in German and English
- Appearance of the message in the social media Facebook and Twitter, observation of social media
- Establishment and maintenance of contacts to media representatives
- Answering inquiries in the economic sector
- Supervision of individual travelers and delegations in the economic sector
- Correspondence in German, English and Kiswahili
- Drafting of press releases of the embassy
- Maintaining contact with the employees of Deutsche Welle
- Preparation of press interviews
- Photographic support of appointments and events
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Very good German and English skills and good Kiswahili knowledge in word and writing
- Comparable intermediate maturity and experience in public relations
- Very good IT skills, especially Word and Excel, and the ability to get into new programs
- Experience in using social media, including the required technical knowledge
- Fluency and courtesy in dealing with visitors and callers
- Strong teamwork and flexibility Willingness to change working hours and possibly overtime
- Experience in connection with working at a German mission abroad is an advantage.
- The employment contract is governed by Tanzanian labor law.
- The weekly working time is 40 hours.
- A locally appropriate payment is guaranteed.
Job application procedure
Applications with curriculum vitae in exclusively German language, school leaving certificates and proof of training must be available to the embassy by 30.08.2019 at the latest. They are on
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Dar es Salaam,
z. H. Mrs. Anselment,
P.O. Box 9541,
Dar es Salaam
or by mail to: Gastemail@example.com
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Only applicants invited to the interview will be informed.