Purpose of the position:
Accountant will facilitate accurate and timely accounting, reporting and budgetary functions in order to ensure conformity with both World Vision International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established by donor
- (Please define in output format – 1-5 things of what you expect to see as aresult of this position)
- Submit accurate financial reports timely and file the signed copies in compliance with WVI FM manual, internal policies, terms, conditions and regulations of the grant according to the Grant guideline
- Scan all the receipts and submit them together with monthly financial report to project manager
- Monitor and supervise Project office financial activities and review of finance documents to ensure compliance with donor regulations before payments.
- Prepare payment vouchers, journal transactions, process data and transfer for posting
- Facilitate project audit exercise, participate in preparation of management responses and ensure timely submission, monitor implementation of audit recommendations, and provide regular consolidated updates on implementation to Grants Manager
- Prepare Fixed Asset Register for the Grant Projects and ensure inventory control
- Prepare and timely submit project funding request in line with cash flows for consolidation by cluster
- Perform all Bank activities to include, timely submission of cheque list, Cash deposits relating to project
PROFILE: Core Capabilities:
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Understanding the Humanitarian industry
- Understanding WV’s mission & operations
- Demonstrating Christ-centered life and work
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- BA Accounting and Finance
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Registered under professional body as certified accountant like CPA, ACCA & CIMA
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word & Sun-systems software.
- Grant Certification is a must.
- Experience working on USAID, EU, AusAID, JICA, Japanese government grants, PNS & other multilateral grants in an international organization is a requirement.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Apply before 11 September 2019