Position Title : Data Manager (1 Vacancy)
Reports to : Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Supervises : Entire Data unit
Job Location : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel : Up to 40% in intervention regions
The candidate will be responsible to design, develop and update databases and implement high-standard data management systems including data analysis; build staff capacity of ICAP and stakeholders at Central office, Regional offices and health facility levels including RHMTs and CHMTs.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead in design, update and maintain central and regional databases.
- Lead in aggregating databases. Adapt and implement ICAP database in collaboration with regional data managers including:
a) Design and develop data models and database architecture;
b) Construct, install and test the database system;
c) Write manuals and explain database’s function ;
d) Consult with others to assess the database system performance and make modifications as required; and
e) Modify existing databases and find faults, as user needs change.
- Coordinate and support development of other databases and build capacity of regional data managers, as needed.
- Train and supervise M&E teams in new database systems to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports.
- Participate on timely reporting of quality national quarterly and OGAC semi-annual and annual reports on all supported program areas.
- Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis.
- Help to develop or refine M&E materials including patient tracking tools, medication tracking forms, program indicators and data management systems.
- Coordinate and ensure use of tracking tools on monthly basis.
- Provide technical assistance to ICAP Tanzania supported health care facilities including review of performance and quality of service delivery, assessment of M&E strategies, implementation and evaluation of patient tracking and data management systems.
- Provide technical support in the process of data quality assurances (DQA, Data Audit) and data cleaning, ensuring that data generated is of high quality. At central level, give technical support in the processes of data cleaning, data summarization analyses and submission on agreed timelines. Support data transfers to donors and MOHSW-NACP.
- Update ICAP Tanzania master slide sets and master narrative excel sheet. In collaboration with the Regional Data Officers, train and supervise Facility Data Clerks oo ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Oversee the rollout of ICAP technological initiatives in data capture and analysis supervise all the processes of linking with MOHSW –NACP to keep flow of data.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- A degree in IT or Computer Science or Health Information Systems.
- Strong capability in database development and management using MS Access, MySQL and statistical analysis programs packages e.g. stata, SPSS.
- Familiarity with different programming languages e.g.Vb.net, HTML, CSS, OOP.
- Familiarity with the health information systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with donor funded organizations.
- Capable of independently implementing the duties described above.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Committed and team player.
- Fluent communication in both Kiswahili and English.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV via email to:
icap–email@example.com, mentioning in the subject line the Position Title. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Deadline for application: 6th September 2019