Admin and Finance Officer
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – SICKLE CELL PROGRAMME
Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle Cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
Admin and Finance Officer (1 POST) – DAR ES SALAAM
Sickle Cell programme is looking for a qualified Individual to fill the post of Admin and Finance Officer for a period of ONE year. The Admin and Finance officer will report to Programme Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange logistics for meetings including keeping meetings calendars, sending reminders to members as well as minutes/ resolutions taking and distribution.
- Support in organizing events workshops and trainings as per required standards.
- Support in procurement of office supplies, lab reagents and other research related consumables.
- Support daily office operations and management including safety of office, cleanliness, stock checking and supervision of staff.
- Support the recruitment processes through drafting adverts, managing applications, prepare for interviews and interview reports writing.
- Support processing of staff ID’s and registration in social security scheme(s), health insurance and workers compensation fund.
- Process contracts for new staff and renewal of contracts for ongoing staff where applicable.
- To assist with travel logistics for programme staff including ticket bookings and preparations for subsistence allowances as per government circular.
- Support activities related to grant administration/management including compliance to both institution and funding bodies, budget preparation, etc.
- Prepare vote petty cash payments for approval.
- Ensure petty cash payments are vote coded and properly approved.
- Disbursement of petty cash payments and recording transactions on the petty cash records.
- Follow up on payment requests sent to for approval and processing.
- Any other task as may be assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Public Administration and Human Resource Management or relevant work experience in the administration.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant field.
- Time Management and Organizing Skills.
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:30 PM on Friday, 13th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
“Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”.