Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. The Agency is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations through Weighbridges.
In making sure that the Agency strengthens the capacity to perform its functions effectively, the Regional Manager (TANROADS – Coast) seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the available vacancies at Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Coast on contract terms as follows;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointments will be on Contract Terms of Two (2) years (renewable) subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITTLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS– 4 Vacancies
POSITION RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Shift Incharge
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Carrying out activities as described in The East Africa Community Vehicle Load Control Act (2016). The activities include the following:
- Weigh Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) as well as axle weights as described in The East Africa Community Vehicle Load Control Act (2016).
- Impose road damage fee for overloaded vehicles
- Measure physical dimension of Motor Vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle
- Ascertain compliance with special permits for trucks carrying abnormal loads
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed
- Enforce Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by Head of Weighbridge Unit
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Holder of a Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Civil. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Must be a computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
- Not above 35 years of age
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English
SALARY: TANROADS Scale 4.1
- Any Tanzanian who meets the conditions and requirements of this advertisement is invited to apply.
- Applicants who are employed should route their application through their employers
- Any person with unresolved criminal offences need NOT apply
- All applications should have at least two names of referees and their contract address and reliable telephone numbers for contact (failure to provide two referees will result to a disqualification)
- All copies of Academic certificates and birth certificates MUST be certified
- Submission of a certified copy of birth certificate is a MUST, Affidavits will not be considered
- All applicants must attach one colored passport size to their application letters
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
- Late as well as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Lobbying and canvassing of employment will not be entertained and will work to the applicant’s disadvantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately after being notified are invited to send application letters.
Qualified applicants are required to apply to the undersigned not later than 20th September 2019
Application Letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
P.O BOX 30150,