Business Development Manager
Purpose of the position:
Under the direction of the Business Development Director, the Business Development Manager will support the efforts of World Vision Tanzania to grow and diversify its sources of funding.
Fundraising (Business Development)
- Work with Business Development Director, Senior Management Team and Technical Program Leads to identify funding opportunities from Support Offices, government donors, multilateral agencies and other donors.
- Draft synopsis of funding opportunities to facilitate decision making on whether to pursue new grant and other external funding opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for Support Office (SO), government, private and multilateral donors.
- Maintain the grant tracking tool including status updates of active funding opportunities, submitted proposals, and proposal approvals and next steps.
- Ensure adherence to Business Development Partnership Policies and Procedures
Relationship Management, Engagement and Networking
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including Support Offices, donors (multilateral, government, foundations and private) and other international agencies.
- Act as focal point for assigned SOs and donor relationships and portfolio.
- Work with SOs to coordinate donor and SO program visits.
- Ensure WVT programs provide opportunities for supporting the development of new alliances and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain effective external and internal relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ensure program updates as needed by key SOs, the Regional Office, donors and partners.
- Develop key engagement material (e.g. capacity statements, talking points, stakeholder strategy analysis etc.).
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with key internal (EARO, GC and SOs) and external (bi-, multi-lateral donors and government entities) stakeholders.
- Ensure all grant-making processes are completed upon awarding of grants.
- Coordinate grant start-up workshop and process for new projects/programs with relevant stakeholders.
- Together with Senior Officer Grant Compliance/SO representative/GAM staff advice the CoP/Project manager on key donor compliance standards, including reporting, programmatic standards and M&E tools.
- Oversee grant close-out for projects/programs.
- Engage project managers and grant finance manager on monthly financial reviews and quarterly project implementation and financial reviews, and follow up on budget adjustments (amendment requests) where necessary, according to donor requirements.
- Ensure full and timely compliance of the Business Development division on all required organizational dashboards and indicators.
- Ensure effective and timely formal and informal reporting to SOs, donors and partners on GAM issues.
- Ensure timely reporting of WVT GAM information to the Region and SO.
- Coordinate the implementation of Horizon 3.0 that will support the organization’s efforts to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact and promote pro-active learning.
- Participate in reviews and lesson learned exercises for grants as guided by WV policies and principles.
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum qualification requires
- At least a Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Agriculture, Health, Nutrition, Development Studies etc) from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in programming (designing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring) of integrated development, relief and/or advocacy of donor funded projects.
Other technical skills and Abilities
- Be a results orientated leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the team.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, constantly pursuing new and better ways of working.
- Be committed to empowering others for transformation – both inside and outside of the organization.
- Be committed to pursuing tangible and lasting impact in the lives of the poor through an empowerment approach.
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building ability.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to teach others.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Office based environment with frequent travel to the field and National Office in Arusha
Travel required: 35% domestic travel and occasional international travel (approximately 2 to 4 trips a year);
On call: 20%
Deadline for application is 06-Oct-19