Material And Child Health Officers
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization (NGO) that works with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) to address public health priorities through evidence based interventions. In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). In order to strengthen care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of Kinondoni, Ilala and Temeke Municipal Councils seeks to employ three :
(3) MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH OFFICERS.
The Maternal and Child Health Officer (MCHO) is a self-motivated individual who will assist the Regional Maternal and Child Health Officer (RMCHO) in implementation of the MCH activities at district level. She/he will report to the Regional MCHO and will work in close collaboration with the Regional Maternal and Child Health Manager (RMCHM).
- Assist MDH supported PMTCT and Pediatrics clinics to meet the national standards for comprehensive management of HIV/AIDS
- Support the MCH unit to achieve optimal uptake of viral loads services among clients in both pediatrics and PMTCT unit
- Providing technical assistance to site staff on implementation of national standards for PMTCT and Early infant diagnosis at PMTCT within the respective district.
- Coordinate and actively participate in Joint Supportive Supervision (JSS) with the district teams
- Support and supervise facility and provider tailored mentorship
- Identify training needs among supported facilities and ensure that quality trainings are conducted
- Offer follow up of trained HCPs to ensure that the knowledge gained translate into skills and competency acquisition
- Assist the RMCHO & RMCHM in preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual district reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor Degree/ Advance Diploma in Social Work
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine/ Nursing/ Nurse Midwife
- At least three years of experience on HIV/AIDS Program implementation
- Minimum of three years’ experience on MCH unit service
- Excellent communication skills Computer knowledge.
- Ability to work in team setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information of two references. Applications should be submitted by 4th October, 2019 to the SHRO, MDH-DSM Sub-grantee through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Mikocheni near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.